Old(er) Ranger Gear

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Old(er) Ranger Gear

Post by RangerJurena »

And here is the standard two ammo pouch / y harness look. I think I've posted this here before, this is the epitome of combat ineffective. We are moving to contact in England. The gunner of course is carrying nothing but the gun. Meanwhile, Cherry Jurena has everything else included for a two man gun team. To include 600 rds of 7.62 backfed into the butt pack that has the water proof lining removed and is slung around the neck with a spare sling.

Talk about motivation to get to Hooah school and get a gun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

This has really turned out to be a great thread. The evolution of LBE is interesting (well it is to me). Up until Post 9-11, we were still using much of the same equipment as we had in Viet-Nam. Thanks to all.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

We had the MP5SD's in 1st Batt too. They were seldom signed out, and never saw an ammo pouch for them. I have carried one on my SWAT team. They have a very limited use. There are only a couple of scenarios where you would ever need a suppressed subgun. Would much rather use a UMP45 with a screw on suppressor. A subsonic 9mm, doesn't really have much stopping power.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Jim wrote:This has really turned out to be a great thread. The evolution of LBE is interesting (well it is to me). Up until Post 9-11, we were still using much of the same equipment as we had in Viet-Nam. Thanks to all.
And during Vietnam, we were still using much of the same equipment as they used in Korea and WWII. In fact, I bet my entrnching tool was from WWI.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

My PD was able to purchase M14, still in the original packing paper a couple years ago, along with M16A1's. Just picked up AN-PVS 5's too. Look just like the ones we had back in Batt. back in 84. They have upgraded the tubes and converted them to AA batteries though.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Return to “The Mosh Pit”