DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

jrw2692
Embryo

Post by jrw2692 »

2) It's rattles me to recieve an ass chewing because every post I've made I re-read many times over looking for any reason why I would get chewed out, but it still happens. It does not change my commitment to enlist in anyway. If anything it makes it stronger. With every chewing out you Rangers and veterans give us advice and knowledge which is desireable.

4) I think ArmyRanger.com is the most accurate thing to military life you can get without actually experiencing it. All DEPs and Newts are held accountable for every word and action they make while on this site. And the ones holding them accountable are all Rangers and veterans.
Monsoon
Ranger

Re: DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

Post by Monsoon »

hit_it wrote:Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?

SFC Hit_it: I'm being recruited from Georgia, around the Atlanta area.
2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

I havn't had too many ass chewings on here but my commitment is still as strong as ever after recieving one. I think getting chewed out on here is just preparing me for what is yet to come. I always complete the exercises I have been told to do.

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?

My commitment to talk to a recruiter is very strong, and I will see one as soon as I turn 17 this Janurary.

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?

I think it is because of the respect everyone shows and how we have assignments to complete. You can get smoked for fucking up, or just to see if you can handle it without whining and bitching.

Please answer these questions as thoroughly as possible but do not include your recruiter's names.

This information will be used by myself, Ranger gpatmac and the Rangers of this site to assess you.

Use your integrity.
cdwdirect
Ranger

Post by cdwdirect »

SFC hit_it, I was recruited in Texas, processed in Dallas. Shipping out 20050825.

At first I was mad when I posted my intro and got smoked. "I was just trying to be nice." I think that by joining up people feel like they're doing everyone a favor and expect to be congratulated and welcomed. I was guilty at the time of such flawed thinking. Getting smoked for not using my mind, for not seeing what I should have taken the initiative to discover, has been motivating.

As harsh as it can be at times, it appears that the smokings are ultimately in each DEP/NEWT's best interest. I hope that people keep watching over me when I'm in - even if that means getting chewed out. "Faithful are the wounds of a friend." I look forward to proving myself.
JMar
Ranger

Post by JMar »

1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?

Originally from Danville, Indiana. Recruited through the Indianapolis Recruiting offices and processed through the Indianapolis MEPS at Ft. Benjamin Harrison.

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

Not so much shaken, but dissapointed in myself for making a mistake. I know I'm sure to take my share of ass chewings throughout the course of my military career, I just don't want to get smoked for making the same mistake twice. I've only been told to push a few times (which I did complete).

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?

Even though I am a DEP now, it just happened Monday, so I'll address this one as well. I was interested in joining the Army long before I found this site, but not at all committed to the idea. I didn't know much about the Rangers aside general knowledge of what they are and what types of operations they handle. But after "meeting" the Rangers here and reading through the information they have supplied, something just clicked. I spoke with a recruiter for the first time just a few days later. I was already interested, but this site and the Rangers and Veterans here pushed me over the edge.

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?

I won't know for certain until I go, but I believe the Rangers and Veterans here are doing a good job of preparing young wannabees like myself for the challenges ahead. Obviously getting smoked over the computer and getting smoked by an RI who is in your face are going to be entirely different worlds, but at least no one with half a brain will come away from this site thinking the road to becoming a Ranger (and then living as a Ranger) is an easy accomplishment that doesn't take a shitload of work and dedication. Here at ArmyRanger.com, us civilians are introduced to things like chain of command, follow the fucking directions, pay attention, and shut the fuck up. I imagine that gives us a leg up on guys who stumble blindly into the military.[/b]

"Praise no the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."
-Viking Proverb

1PLT, A Co., 3/75 "Glory Boys" 2006-2012
RW Aviator 2012-Present
RS Class 06-08
top_cat
Embryo

Post by top_cat »

[quote="hit_it"]Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

While I have not been recruited yet (still wont sign until I'm both mentally and physically ready,) I'm talking to the recruiters here in OKC.

I haven't been chewed out yet, but I keep spouting my unprofessional and unseasoned opinions which are of no importance, and for that I do deserve to have an ass chewing. I'm better off keeping opinions to myself and listening to others. I think that the ass ripping is more than fair. You Rangers and Soldiers are keeping us in line and teaching us to be more respectful and focused. If I am to end up getting an ass ripping, I would follow the command and take it seriously. I expect to be smoked if I make it into the Ranger life. As for learning, I've never found a site that has taught me more than ArmyRanger.com. I'd have to say that I am learning much from you all, and I have much, much more to learn.

There is not a half hour that goes by in the day that I'm not thinking about enlisting. The only things I really want in my life is to make it to a Ranger Battallion and succeed in one. I'm working my ass off to at least have a shot at it, and to be worthy enough for it.

The only military life I know of is that of being a brat of a former Battallion Commander in the ARNG. The Rangers I've read from here are more straight forward than Soldiers I've met (who have treated me with more respect than they should have, but I've always tried my best to show every soldier I've ever met the greatest amount of respect and gratitude, short of kissing their ass.) You Rangers have more combat knowledge than anyone I have ever met, so all in all, I would have to say it is pretty accurate, straight from Rangers and Soldiers themselves.
JT
Egg

Post by JT »

SFC Hit_it:

1. I was recruited out of Elkhart, IN and I processed through Indianapolis MEPS.

2. I have learned more than I could have ever hoped for and it sure made the recruitment process easier since I knew beforehand what I wanted, how to get it and what was required from me to get it. Every question I had has been asked before and the answers have been given within this website. I haven’t received any rippings yet as this is my first post outside of my intro, but I do understand why they are given out and I will do my best to avoid them. However, if/when the time comes, I will fix my mistakes and complete all exercises as they are given.

4. In my opinion, I would say ArmyRanger.com gives an accurate representation of what to expect in everyday military life. The respect, professionalism, discipline and attention to detail required and demanded, by the Rangers and Veterans of this website, are good qualities for DEPs to acquire before entering the service. Couple this with all the stories, experiences and advice given by Rangers who have already been there makes it that much more realistic, to me anyway.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Some of you new DEPs ned to get in here and make your statements!
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Pyroclams wrote:SFC hit_it,

The punishments here reflect the realities of military life, but I doubt that I'm wrong in thinking that they are nothing compared to what Ranger Puck or others are capable of in the flesh.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Your right, you would shit all over yourself and ask God to "take you NOW!" :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Yoshi wrote: one can be punished for being a dumbass. I just wish it worked like that in the civilian world too.
I couldn't agree more. :lol:
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Charby
Embryo

Post by Charby »

SFC hit_it:

I was recruited from Sunnyvale, CA. I was processed into the Army in San Jose, CA MEPS.

Thanks to reading FAQ's my ass has recieved minimal ass-chewings. Though I have made mistakes and quickly fixed them and made a mental note as to not make it again. Rangers and everyone else here has made sure I was shooting straight. I believe it has made me stronger as a whole. Though I have not been told to do excercises, I have done my best to duplicate the exercises to improve my physical conditioning.

I truely believe ArmyRanger.com is a very accurate portrayl of Military life. Mostly because it makes you better, and that's what the Military is always trying do.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Charby wrote:SFC hit_it:

I was recruited from Sunnyvale, CA. I was processed into the Army in San Jose, CA MEPS.

Thanks to reading FAQ's my ass has recieved minimal ass-chewings. Though I have made mistakes and quickly fixed them and made a mental note as to not make it again. Rangers and everyone else here has made sure I was shooting straight. I believe it has made me stronger as a whole. Though I have not been told to do excercises, I have done my best to duplicate the exercises to improve my physical conditioning.

I truely believe ArmyRanger.com is a very accurate portrayl of Military life. Mostly because it makes you better, and that's what the Military is always trying do.
Do pushups. :D
It's all good.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”