Journalist Sits in on Taliban Ambush

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
fatboy
Ranger

Re: Journalist Sits in on Taliban Ambush

Post by fatboy »

Let me clarify my earlier statement about the journalist being an asshole. He might very well have accepted personal responsibility for being where he was and doing what he did. Kinda like the 2 reporters in Iraq that were hanging out with a group of insurgents and were killed because of their poor choices. The issue arises from when something does happen, and then the world expects war fighters to go and rescue that one person. A Soldier's job is to put it all out there in the course of accomplishing national policy. They should not have to hang it out there for some fucktard who decided that he wanted a firsthand view of jihad. And as for the intel aspect of what he did, I'm all for it. Gives me names faces and places. I have some friends that will be "dropping by" for a visit...
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

If some dumbass journalist wants to hang out with Taliban, let him... but his management shouldn't complain when a JDAM lands on the dumbass' SatPhone. :twisted: :lol:
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

adckse wrote:Know thy enemy.... Any reports about an enemy either by military or civilian methods helps... How they live, sleep, train, etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we use CNN footage to calculate target assessment during the 'Shock and Awe' campaign against Iraq?

And then of course any footage can be used for propaganda for or against... First lesson in SERE School LV3...

Just my humble opinion... Now let the ass whipping begin :lol:
I think the SCIF used CNN for everything. They had Playstation up in the Batcave before Sony did. 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The News Dump”