Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Twelve Things to Never Say to a Cop

Post by RANGER513 »

rgrokelley wrote:
RANGER513 wrote:My favorite is: " I'm not getting out of my car and you can't make me. "

:twisted:
OK, curious on a legal level.
If you have not committed a felony, and are just subject to a traffic stop, and you refuse to get out of the car... have you broken any laws? This would be similiar to a LEO coming to your house, and then ordering you outside onto the yard. If you refuse, is there any legal leg to stand on?

Just stay in your car for about 5 to 7 seconds after the officer ask ya and find out.

( We actually just make this up as we go.......we don't follow rules, United States Supreme Court case laws, State case laws, or department policy or anything. We're just out there on a daily / nightly basis winging it as we go, making up the rules as we go along. )
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

RANGER513 wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:
RANGER513 wrote:My favorite is: " I'm not getting out of my car and you can't make me. "

If you have not committed a felony, and are just subject to a traffic stop, and you refuse to get out of the car... have you broken any laws? This would be similiar to a LEO coming to your house, and then ordering you outside onto the yard. If you refuse, is there any legal leg to stand on?

Just stay in your car for about 5 to 7 seconds after the officer ask ya and find out.

( We actually just make this up as we go.......we don't follow rules, United States Supreme Court case laws, State case laws, or department policy or anything. We're just out there on a daily / nightly basis winging it as we go, making up the rules as we go along. )
Fuck. I knew it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

IEDmagnet wrote:Oh, and the case law allowing officers to order anyone from a vehicle was Maryland v. Wilson, which went to the US Supreme court in 1997.
Thanks for both replies. Learning duly accomplished. :)
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

K.Ingraham wrote: Thanks for both replies. Learning duly accomplished. :)
No problem brother, anytime.

And Ranger513 is right, but we're not supposed to tell people that.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RANGER513 wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

I ask these things because I teach the Constitution to High School students. I like to know what is allowed and what is not allowed. On a sidenote, the Terry case dealt with officers being allowed to stop someone on the street and patting them down, just to look for weapons. Only weapons.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Here is a pretty good educational video on what can and cannot be done by the police during a car stop:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:D
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

rgrokelley wrote:
I ask these things because I teach the Constitution to High School students. I like to know what is allowed and what is not allowed.

WOW !!!!

How about ya try this: Instead of teaching our Nation's future what law enforcement CAN do and CANNOT do, how about ya teach them what is right and what is wrong !!!!!! And maybe, perhaps, that law enforcement should be respected, not telling a law enforcement officer " You can't do that " becuase my high school teacher said the Constituation says you can't.

Just an suggestion.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

RANGER513 wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:
I ask these things because I teach the Constitution to High School students. I like to know what is allowed and what is not allowed.

WOW !!!!

How about ya try this: Instead of teaching our Nation's future what law enforcement CAN do and CANNOT do, how about ya teach them what is right and what is wrong !!!!!! And maybe, perhaps, that law enforcement should be respected, not telling a law enforcement officer " You can't do that " becuase my high school teacher said the Constituation says you can't.

Just an suggestion.
It's not the place of teachers to define what is right and wrong, but rather parents. Teachers are supposed to provide information.

As far as respecting Law Enforcement, the days of the kindly officer walking the beat are long gone. Individual officers suffer a generalized prejudice of the police because more and more departments are taking a militarized approach which causes Joe Citizen to feel like they are living in occupied territory, and that every action is treated with suspicion by police.

I'm not saying it is right, just simply what the situation is today. I have already posted my thoughts on the why of the current militarized state of many police forces, and I can't argue with it. Our world has evolved to a place where a badge equates to a bulls-eye, and police officers have as much right as any other citizen to create as safe a work environment as possible.

Personally I place most responsibility on the radical dickweeds of the late 60s &early 70s. The rest I place on the weak wristed pansies that craft our policy and allow violent criminals to be glamorized and protected.

Personally, I would to see us evolve to a place where an honest citizen can be an ally to the police again.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Now to bring this back to the Good Humor thread it is supposed to be.....

In California we drive like that all the time, what's the problem?

I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.

What's wrong, Ossifer? I swear to drunk I'm not God! And really, there is no blood in my alchohol.

I was going to be cop, but I decided to finish high school instead.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

How about

"OK ass wipe, but you may want to call some back up and an ambulance"

The one I always loved is "You can't arrest me, you ain't even from around here"

But my all time favorite has to be "I oughta just whup your ass!"

These always brought forth great results with me

Gotta love the South! :P
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.

The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

We had a state trooper who was involved in a controversial pursuit where a minister was killed in the resulting multi-car wreck. He stopped someone I know named Jeff for suspicion of DUI. When the trooper asked Jeff for his drivers license Jeff said, " Ain't you that cop that killed that preacher ?" Yep, Jeff went to jail.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

RANGER513 wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

WOW !!!!

Just an suggestion.
Pretty sure this is the same thing the Nazis said
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

colt1rgr wrote:How about

"OK ass wipe, but you may want to call some back up and an ambulance"

The one I always loved is "You can't arrest me, you ain't even from around here"

But my all time favorite has to be "I oughta just whup your ass!"

These always brought forth great results with me

Gotta love the South! :P

"I'm just going home to sit on the TV and watch the couch." (On video on a car stop)

Susp-"I want to go to jail, I've been drinking."
Me-"You've done nothing wrong. You're old enough and at home."
Susp-"What if I go outside?"
Me- "I'll bring you back inside."
Susp-"What if I hit you in the mouth? You take me to jail then."
Me- "Yeah, right after we leave the emergency room." (On Christmas Day 2006)

People are twice as funny in reality. Some of the stuff they say just can't be made up.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
gsgitu
Ranger

Post by gsgitu »

8. I pay your salary!
I love the George Carlin bit "Hey, Don't I pay your salary? Your a public servant. Get me a glass of water!"
Alphatraz 3/75 1st Plt. Glory Boys
1994-98

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”