Whats in your ruck?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Cpart84

Post by Cpart84 »

Roger that Ranger creeping death

I was wrong

Then again I'm going off advice given from Rangers, Including my uncle who is now in a wheelchair and has told me not to ruck more than I have to. He does know his stuff about conditioning as he has done 3 BRC's.
Cpart84

Post by Cpart84 »

BTW, I'm not trying to sound like some super stud saying I do ruck runs with 80 lbs. Just clarify, what would happen is this female would fallout at around mile 2 (if we were lucky) and then it was up to the three stronger runners on the team to take turns front loading hers.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Cpart84 wrote:How many of you Rangers actually went rucking before you got into the Army?

So I just prefer to run and swim in order to improve my overall endurance and figure that will help with rucking anyway. Am I right to think this?

This will probably jump on the opposite side of everyone's thought process but I never SAW a ruck before I was saddled with one and I didnt condition prior to becoming a Ranger. (other than what Basic, AIT, and Jump School provided which was damned little) I have this theory about all of this horseshit. If you really want to become a Ranger, all that foofoo bullshit of diet, exercize, and bio-rythem right with the planet crap really doesnt matter because when it comes to testing time, you will or you won't. Ive seen dudes who can run a 4 minute mile fucking DIE on a forced march. Ive seen muscle dudes die on runs. From my observations...it was all about mind and heart. You have it or you don't. Reasonable conditioning will get you there. In my finest stage of condition, where I was at the pinnacle of training...roadmarches STILL sucked, hard runs STILL sucked, a ruck with 80 lbs STILL sucked, smokings STILL smoked. But, it's just a theory. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Abell9 wrote: But, it's just a theory. :lol:

Actually.....I think once a theory has been proven it becomes a FACT. 8)
Last edited by Vee on February 1st, 2005, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RSD 96-99
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Yup, Ranger Abell9 has got it. I was a city kid (Los Angeles) and a skinny little runt. I decided to to be a Ranger and that was it. Sure, I got hurt (more than I should of, but I've already posted on that. do some research), but I never fell out of a roadmarch or a run in my entire military career. And I was in the Weapon Sqaud, humping 240's, AG bags and the 1000 rounds an ammo bitch in a gun team humps (100 rds 7.62mm link=6.6 pounds, do the math). You've either got the fire in the belly or you don't. Head down, ass up, march or die.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Vee wrote:
Abell9 wrote: But, it's just a theory. :lol:

Actually.....I think was a theory has been proven it becomes a FACT. 8)

And I think that you should sober up before posting...read your sentence, Alleyoop! :lol:

So, if it's now a fact, can I go public and win acclaim for my theory?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Abell9 wrote:
Vee wrote:
Actually.....I think was a theory has been proven it becomes a FACT. 8)

And I think that you should sober up before posting...read your sentence, Alleyoop! :lol:

So, if it's now a fact, can I go public and win acclaim for my theory?

Roger.

At least it was phonetically close :oops:
RSD 96-99
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Abell9 wrote: Alleyoop!
That's funny. Haven't seen that in forever... :lol:
sloppy44
Embryo

Post by sloppy44 »

First off I have never owned or seen a ruck in person. That being said I do a fair amount of backpacking and was woundering how different rucking is. With my pack on semi-rough terrain I can cover 12-15 miles a day with out any major problem for a week straight for sure. I think my pack weighs a little over 60lbs. I know rucking is and will be harder, but how much.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

sloppy44 wrote:First off I have never owned or seen a ruck in person. That being said I do a fair amount of backpacking and was woundering how different rucking is. With my pack on semi-rough terrain I can cover 12-15 miles a day with out any major problem for a week straight for sure. I think my pack weighs a little over 60lbs. I know rucking is and will be harder, but how much.
No you can't.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
sloppy44
Embryo

Post by sloppy44 »

Ranger Kilted Heathen,

You were right I looked up the actual miles in my journal from the trip and the first day we only did 7 and on the secound we only did 9. Again, sorry for my incompetence I will be more thorough in the future.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Kilted Heathen wrote: No you can't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was awesome bro.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

sloppy44 wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen,

You were right I looked up the actual miles in my journal from the trip and the first day we only did 7 and on the secound we only did 9. Again, sorry for my incompetence I will be more thorough in the future.
You will shut the fuck up.
Strolling a few miles for two days is not 15 miles a day for a fucking week with 60lbs.
You did not need your journal to tell you that you were blowing smoke up our fucking ass.
Don't be more thorough in the future...just fucking shut up.
Don't make me call you a cunt.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “About Army Physical Training”