Patriot?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I am not vouching for the authenticity of this particular photo, but Fox News did show video of the event with sound as the Anthem was sung. I am no apologist for him and ceratinly not a supporter, but my guess is that like too many people, the senator just did not know any better.

Not to highjack, but as a reminder, US Code was ammended this summer and Service Members and Veterans not in uniform are now authorized to render a hand salute to the flag.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Obama_doe ... _1022.html <--Contains video.

Maybe Obama just couldn't recognize it, because the singer is FUCKING BUTCHERING the anthem. :evil:
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

wazzle wrote:Oh my god, the only thing that pisses me off more than Obama, is the way some people think the National Anthem is their ticket to getting a singing contract. Sing the song the way it was meant to be sung, don't put your own soul into to it. But, that was a Democrat fund raiser. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's a tough one to sing. You gotta have like an 8 octave range. If you don't have the pipes it will show...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

Anyone know if it is a religious issue? I am curious if it is against Muslim beliefs.

I have no clue.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
wade_the_duck
Tadpole

Post by wade_the_duck »

The folks in the crowd also probably shouldn't be snapping photos and waving signs during the playing of the National Anthem either
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:
wazzle wrote:Oh my god, the only thing that pisses me off more than Obama, is the way some people think the National Anthem is their ticket to getting a singing contract. Sing the song the way it was meant to be sung, don't put your own soul into to it. But, that was a Democrat fund raiser. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's a tough one to sing. You gotta have like an 8 octave range. If you don't have the pipes it will show...
Yeah, but it's not American Idol, brother. I think anyone trying to throw their own spin on the National Anthem while presenting it needs to be punched in their reproductive organs. If they want to do their own rendition of it on their own time, that's cool. But, it's not the Blues Anthem or the Lounge Anthem or the Soul Anthem. It's the National Anthem and it's about the country it represents, not the singer performing it. No showboating allowed.
rgrjoe175 wrote:Anyone know if it is a religious issue? I am curious if it is against Muslim beliefs.

I have no clue.

JP
Well, he's not Muslim, so even if that were the case, he couldn't use it as an excuse.
World's worst webcomic
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

rgrjoe175 wrote:Anyone know if it is a religious issue? I am curious if it is against Muslim beliefs.

I have no clue.

JP
Last time my redneck ass checked (and it has been a couple of years) there was some shit in the constitution that talked about .....Church over here...state goes over there....and they stayed kinda seperate...

I asked my friend Omar...and he said he can actually be a Muslim AND salute our.....wait for it.......Flag...and it's ok.... 'cause for some reason his religion is differ'nt than his nationality......go figure that shit out????

Whatever...good luck to all of the losers running this year...ain't one...well maybe one...worth a damn....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Ranger Bill wrote:I am not vouching for the authenticity of this particular photo, but Fox News did show video of the event with sound as the Anthem was sung. I am no apologist for him and ceratinly not a supporter, but my guess is that like too many people, the senator just did not know any better.

Not to highjack, but as a reminder, US Code was ammended this summer and Service Members and Veterans not in uniform are now authorized to render a hand salute to the flag.
Wow, video! It looks like he doesn’t know anything. How does he think he can lead a nation when he doesn’t know the laws and regulations?

It’s good to know that vets can salute the flag!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Publius
Embryo

Flag Etiquette

Post by Publius »

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. -- United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171
Is there a flag not shown in the photo that they are all facing, or are they really turning their back on the flag to face the singer and cameras?
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

I remember during the early days of Bill Clinton's presidency when he wouldn't return the salute from the Marines standing at the bottom of the ladder on Marine 1. the excuse was none of his people realized that it was required! It took several months for someone to clue him in. I still wonder if it wasn't a blatant disregard for our military.
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

GSXRanger wrote:Ok, I'm busted. It took me HOURS to photoshop the Muslim... er, I mean... Candidate into this picture.
Dude, did you really photoshop this?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

cams wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:Ok, I'm busted. It took me HOURS to photoshop the Muslim... er, I mean... Candidate into this picture.
Dude, did you really photoshop this?
Nah. Check the video link I posted. He's really there with his hands just chilling out while the Anthem's getting butchered by some warbling weirdo.
World's worst webcomic
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Steadfast »

Silverback wrote:
Chiron wrote:I found this picture hard to believe albeit would love to see that it's fact.

One question, why does Obama's shadow stop at the chair and not continue?
I saw it on Fox news....So it's gotta' be true!
His shadow falls on the seat of the chair (of Bill Richardson) thereby ending its length on the ground.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

You have to give Obama one thing: unlike other left-wingers who pretend they give a damn about this country, Obama wears his contempt for America, for our Constitution, for our institutions, for our democracy, right out there on his sleeve.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “The News Dump”