ATTENTION ALL DEP's HERE IS WHERE YOU WILL POST

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

Hopps, how the hell did you miss this? Or at least the major part of the assignment?!!? Yes, you got the favorite stanza. Wheres the essay man? Anyone can copy and paste. But you didnt even follow simple directions? Looking at everything, I see everyone just about wrote MORE than the allotted 100 word essay. I myself wrote damned near 300, and im a NEWT. WTF dude. I'm going easy because at least you've signed, I havent yet. So I haven't EARNED the right to dog you too much. Thats everyone else's job.

*SALVO 1 FIRED.....FIRE SALVO 2 BOYS!......Hold up, hold salvo 2 until Ranger Odin's Underling gives the word...I may have misfired..shit*
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Fox 1....FIRE! hopps, you could have at least looked at everyone elses replies and see they have something written about their paticular stanza. way to screw the pooch on such a simple assignment.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

Hopps, I believe it was the part where you said Huh?!?! (I caught that)
Thats disrespectful and not kosher.

Locutus, Hold up, Ranger Odin's Underling said "Post your stanza of the Creed here at the appropriate time" Not the whole thing. Attention to detail.
---Jon
Last edited by Apollo on May 2nd, 2004, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep on keepin' on---Joe dirt

"Sometimes you need faith in a cause to believe in yourself."

Ranger DocDaigle is my mentor.
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

*deleted by LocutusPicard for rudeness*
Sorry
Last edited by Lotus Lips on May 2nd, 2004, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

EDITED for Sniveling:

Hopps
Last edited by Ranger Hopps on May 2nd, 2004, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Hopps, I'm with you on your first post. I did the same thing (stanza only) because I was trying to follow Ranger Odin's Underling's orders exactly as he stated them at the top of the thread. I'll stand by you on this one. You stood your ground even when others posted their 100 word essay along with the stanza and I respect that.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Hopps wrote:
Vapor Brain wrote:Fox 1....FIRE! hopps, you could have at least looked at everyone elses replies and see they have something written about their paticular stanza. way to screw the pooch on such a simple assignment.
Vapor i'm not a damn sheep!

Hopps
Wasn't wanting you to be a sheep, you could have picked up on the trend though and see you were mistaken in only posting the stanza.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Odin's Underling wrote:Hopps, Stay alert, stay alive. Everyone else seems to have gotten the assignment, even some of the NEWT's. You will and must follow the instructions in all posts given. This is a very basic lesson in the Rangers, the SITUATION always dictates what your tactics will be. The instructions where clear and concise, if Ranger Earth Pig is your god then you will pay hommage to him. Take whatever comes your way and suck it up and drive on from there. Under no circumstances will you snivel. Commence firing DEP's and NEWT's
Understood Ranger Odin's Underling

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

Deep, unfortunatly it doesnt matter if you respect that or if I do or if any of the Newts/Newbies/DEPers care or respect it. It matters if the RANGERS on the forums do.
Gravity Man
Ranger

Post by Gravity Man »

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One-hundred-percent and then some.

This stanza, above all else, is what makes me proud to even attempt the life of a US Army Ranger. In a world of buddy fuckers, the thought that there is a group of people who you can not only trust with your life but even the lives of your family is such a euphoric feeling. The fact that you and your buddies are faced with an insurmountable task knowing that it can’t be finished but still doing it. The fact that you’d rather literally die than quit and let your brothers down. I know nothing of this feeling of brotherhood and make no claims as such. I can only hope to one-day walk among giants: the giants known as Airborne Rangers.
C Co 3/75 APR 2005-JUN 2007
HHC 3/75 JUN 2007-DEC 2008
C Co 1/181 INF [ARNG] DEC 2008-JUN 2010
Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

Locutuspic wrote:Deep, unfortunatly it doesnt matter if you respect that or if I do or if any of the Newts/Newbies/DEPers care or respect it. It matters if the RANGERS on the forums do.
I hate to kill your idea but if it was because Hopps didn't post an explaination, then there would have been others. Think with your mind and pay attention to detail. Ranger Odin's Underling singled out Hopps because of something he did. NOT because of the lack of an explaination. As you would guess it, Deep and I, along with a few others would also have been singled out.
---Jon

Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

Here is my Full Assignment
“N ever shall I fail my comrades I will keep myself physically strong, mentally alert, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then someâ€

Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

It's likely that only Hopps was singled out because he was the only DEP, for whom the assignment was mandatory, to make the mistake of posting the stanza only.

Locutuspic, rather than grill Hopps after the assigment was done incorrectly, you could have PM'd him and the others like me who did it wrong to help us get it right. We're on a team here.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention

Return to “The Mosh Pit”