RIP Memories

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

Rgr_Mindriot wrote:Dam, RIP sounds like fun, sorry i missed it. Did have much fun smoking cherries before there was RIP. The sadist in me would have loved to be a RIP instructor. :twisted:
Try being Seargeant Major Devens's personal work out buddy. Anyone who knows him will tell you they would rather be hung by their ball sac and slide down some razor wire into a tub of alcihol, than go through that everyday. I had a 4 week hold over waiting to go into Rip and he was in charge of the RIP pending. I still have nightmares. :cry:

Doc
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The quitters were not called 'WorldWide' in my day, but 'terminators' and they were forced to move into the 'Terminator' barracks. :twisted:

I remember the guy who showed up for PT with a profile in Pre-RIP who could not, according to his profile "Run, do Pushups, Flutterkicks, sit ups, march or stand for extended periods of time". The RIP instructor 'SGT Steve P' (still on AD and a pilot now) came prepared and announced after reading this profile aloud "It doesn't say anything here about not charging batteries" and proceeded to have this chump charge the Angry 9 the entire time we did PT. :twisted: An important lesson - never underestimate the ingenuity of a RIP Instructor to come up with some really creative ideas to torture the weak.

And, who could forget 'searching for submarines' in the snowmelt that was Huck Creek. :twisted:

Lots of character building there.

Return to “About RASP”