Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Did you play for State College? That entire place worship Paterno.

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Anyone heard of Warrior and the Princess? One of those "deep" German movies. Weird as hell, people eating lightbulbs, emergency tracheotomies, and I think there might have actually been a plot.

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

ender wrote:
FireFinder wrote:I believe that's Andy McNab. Michael Mann (the director) used him as a technical advisor for HEAT. Michael Mann has always tried to get the gunplay in his movies/tv shows accurate. He had an IPSC Grand Master guy in an episode of Miami Vice draw from the surrender position from Mexican-carry and drill some guys. Freaking sweet.
...I don't think it's McNabb. The name given as technical advisor for Heat is "Mick Gould". Same guy for Collateral. McNabb talks about Gould in Immediate Action. And the bonus features in Collateral are awesome. I wish they did that for Heat....

My weird picks:

Equilibrium[like the Matrix but better]
The Rules of Attraction[weird]
The Eiger Sanction[clint eastwood did all his own stunts]
The Salton Sea[check out the old guy singing lou reed]
Boondock Saints[my heroes, they can do no wrong]
Hard Core Logo[canadiana]
Fight Club[why ed norton is one of my fav actors]
Battle Royale<<this is soooo awesome!!
Trainspotting[junkies..can be interesting]
Go[when the cat speaks i listen]
The Devil's Brigade

IMDB lists Andy McNab as Technical Weapons Adviser for Heat. I haven't watched Collateral yet.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573512/
Last edited by FireFinder on January 24th, 2005, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

I just got back from watching White Noise. I just threw my vcr, television, and computer out the fooking window and will likely faint at the sight or sound of static from here until eternity. I hate movies. :twisted:
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
IroningBoy
Tadpole

Post by IroningBoy »

Yes!!! Equilibrium is sucha great movie! Its like Fahrenheit 451 mixed with the gun-fu ary of the Matrix... so sweet. A real thinker too, less pointless blah blah blah then the Matrix, and the actions just as intense... Favorite scene the outskirts of town with the dog... Fight Clubs also really good... My favorite movie...

I just watched Hero, growing up around chinese movies I thought it was actually pretty good, waaay better then Crouching Tiger. I want to see House of Flying Daggers... anyone seen that?
DEP Shipping Out 20050712
MOS 11x ARBN W/ Opt 40

:twisted: Mentee to RangerJew :twisted:
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

lawdog wrote:I just got back from watching White Noise. I just threw my vcr, television, and computer out the fooking window and will likely faint at the sight or sound of static from here until eternity. I hate movies. :twisted:
Good Eh?
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

usaftacp wrote:
lawdog wrote:I just got back from watching White Noise. I just threw my vcr, television, and computer out the fooking window and will likely faint at the sight or sound of static from here until eternity. I hate movies. :twisted:
Good Eh?
Yeah, it's a good movie. Scary as hell, not quite as scary as The Grudge, but good cause there is actually science on EVP. The Grudge still scares the shit out of me when I think of it. I'd recommend seeing it though.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

lawdog wrote:
usaftacp wrote:
Good Eh?
Yeah, it's a good movie. Scary as hell, not quite as scary as The Grudge, but good cause there is actually science on EVP. The Grudge still scares the shit out of me when I think of it. I'd recommend seeing it though.

Pussy.
RSD 96-99
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Bravo Two Zero was made into a movie starring Sean Bean as Andy McNab. It's pretty good but also kind of low budget. You can get it on DVD.

I saw a documentary on the same subject that was really good. It focused on the member of that patrol that E&E'd all the way to Syria. They really fucked up alot of Iraqis but the torture they endured was brutal.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Cpart84

Post by Cpart84 »

anybody see "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"?
I thought it was pretty funny, Bill Murray is one of my favorite actors.
It's extremely dry humor and Wes Anderson's films tend to give that pretentious artsy fag vibe but I still think it's worth seeing.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Just took my wife and son to Shark Tale. (In Greek) It was Ok.
Also saw The Invincibles my son loved it.

:lol:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

ender wrote:IMDB, doesn't say anything about Gould being ex-SAS. But Michael Mann says it in the bonus stuff on Collateral.
That doesn't mean a damn thing. Michael Mann - was he in the SAS? How is he in a position to know if anyone was in the SAS - cause the guy he was talking about told him so? :roll:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”