Legislative Update

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

VAK
USAF Veteran

Legislative Update

Post by VAK »

There are times that one must consider reaching across the aisle and forgetting normal partisan politics. In today's world, nothing is worth allowing crucial Veteran's Legislation to languish because of simple Party affiliation. It is no secret that I am a devout Republican, however it is also no secret that I put the needs of my Nation and certainly My Brother's far before my Party affiliation... It seems that even in time of War, some are all too willing to play games there's no time for it. Bills sit in threat of falling by the wayside because of the same old partisan Bullshit and it's time for a phone call or two. Time for us to get involved to let OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS know that we will not sit by and watch as they play politics with benefits that can truly help our soldiers.... And in that spirit, I submit the following;

October 04, 2004 (Air Force Times Article)

While veterans’ bills languish, Hill Democrat blames Republicans

By Rick Maze
Times staff writer

A top Democrat complained Monday that Republican leaders seem to be holding hostage two important veterans bills.
One would increase GI Bill education benefits for veterans attending vocational school and increase the maximum home loan available to service members and veterans. The second bill updates the financial and employment protections of mobilized Guard and reserve members.

Rep. Lane Evans of Illinois, ranking Democrat on the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, said the bills have bipartisan support and should have been dealt with long ago.

“For as long as I can remember, once veterans’ benefits bills were reported out of this committee, the majority leadership would see to it that the bills received priority in scheduling for floor action,â€
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “Post Service Issues”