Introduction-Constantine

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction-Constantine

Post by ConstantineCS »

I received a MEPS date for an Airborne Physical, it was originally July 12, but was pushed forward to June 24th. I was told earlier today, about the change.

Recent events have made it more difficult to PT, but this is quickly improving. As such, I believe I will be capable of posting my 2-2-2+PU before the end of the month.

I will post the result of the Airborne Physical the Tuesday I return.

Ranger Jim, my internet is somewhat stable now, so I will begin preparing a tasklist.
68W Opt. 40
Ship Date: 20130827

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ConstantineCS wrote:I received a MEPS date for an Airborne Physical, it was originally July 12, but was pushed forward to June 24th. I was told earlier today, about the change.

Recent events have made it more difficult to PT, but this is quickly improving. As such, I believe I will be capable of posting my 2-2-2+PU before the end of the month.

I will post the result of the Airborne Physical the Tuesday I return.

Ranger Jim, my internet is somewhat stable now, so I will begin preparing a tasklist.
Excellent. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

I got back from MEPS Tuesday, a few things happened this week required my attention so I was unable to post an update immediately. But... I am officially qualified for Airborne Training.

I will say that this particular trip had me sitting in a chair from 0600-1408 for the "Physical", which only consisted of clearing my ears (twice) and answering 30 questions. But I couldn't stop smiling when they stamped my medical folder.

Updated PFT scores will be posted by the 30th.
Ranger Jim, this week has been pretty hectic, which has impaired my ability to post a task list, this will be corrected before next week.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

No problem.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Here are my new PT scores:
PU: 71
SU: 55
2-mi: 21:40

I am running in a new location, so I probably need to make 100% sure that I am not running further and assuming that I am running 2 miles, but regardless, this month is going to be focused on speed. I will update at the end of the week with new run time.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ConstantineCS wrote:Here are my new PT scores:
PU: 71
SU: 55
2-mi: 21:40

I am running in a new location, so I probably need to make 100% sure that I am not running further and assuming that I am running 2 miles, but regardless, this month is going to be focused on speed. I will update at the end of the week with new run time.
Run more! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

I apologize for my tardiness in posting an update, but I have been hard at work fixing this apalling run time. I am proud to say that my last recorded 2-mile run time was around 17:30. I realize that this is not a vast increase, however, that run was 2 weeks ago or so. After getting together with my recruiter on Thursdays, I have obtained a run-buddy. Since then, my 1-mile time decreased to 6.49. Which is a notable improvement over my 10:30+ times earlier this month. 4 weeks out from my shipdate, I am getting even more encouragement to keep up my PT, which I fully intend to do.

Here soon I will post a full 2-2-2 PT Update, so I know what to improve on before Basic Training.
68W Opt. 40

ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

These past weeks have had me very busy, and I couldn't post my 2-2-2, last week especially. But, I can't just ship out without posting a sitrep. I am currently sitting in the MEPS hotel waiting to ship out tomorrow. I can't wait to get to Ft. Sill, and I am in contact with Bustysglock with the intent on meeting up at reception hopefully, before BCT starts.

I think that I am ready to start Basic Training, but there is still more that I could have done to prepare, but seeing some of the other shippers at MEPS, I think that I could be far worse off. But aside from that, I wanted to ensure that I checked in to the site before I was away from a computer for 9 weeks.

Thank you to everyone who helped me on the site, and I will check back again probably once I officially become a soldier.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ConstantineCS wrote:These past weeks have had me very busy, and I couldn't post my 2-2-2, last week especially. But, I can't just ship out without posting a sitrep. I am currently sitting in the MEPS hotel waiting to ship out tomorrow. I can't wait to get to Ft. Sill, and I am in contact with Bustysglock with the intent on meeting up at reception hopefully, before BCT starts.

I think that I am ready to start Basic Training, but there is still more that I could have done to prepare, but seeing some of the other shippers at MEPS, I think that I could be far worse off. But aside from that, I wanted to ensure that I checked in to the site before I was away from a computer for 9 weeks.

Thank you to everyone who helped me on the site, and I will check back again probably once I officially become a soldier.
Please post a mew message on the letters from school thread.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”