Video: Ak-47, umm, mishap?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

So the AK is famous for shooting in the most adverse conditions. You know- chuck it in the mud, sand, whatever and then it just continues to shoot. Clean it? Ha! We don't need no stinking boresnake!

I am hoping the one I just purchased functions a bit better than this one in Iraq. :shock:

http://www.military.com/video/guns/rifl ... 779005001/
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Sometimes, in war zones, ammo can be... unstable
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: Video: Ak-47, umm, mishap?

Post by C-MAC »

KW Driver wrote:Sometimes, in war zones, ammo can be... unstable
Runner-up for understatement of the century.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

That's my old group of guys and I can tell you that those weapons were shit, beat to death former IA crap that had been shall we say "neglected?" And the ammo, was worse. Most of it had been buried at one point or another and to get the dirt and corrosion off? Well you just spray it very liberally with good old WD-40. NEVER spray ammo with WD 40 :roll: :lol:

On lighter note I have many photos from that range, wasn't bad.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

colt1rgr wrote:That's my old group of guys and I can tell you that those weapons were shit, beat to death former IA crap that had been shall we say "neglected?" And the ammo, was worse. Most of it had been buried at one point or another and to get the dirt and corrosion off? Well you just spray it very liberally with good old WD-40. NEVER spray ammo with WD 40 :roll: :lol:

So we should...blame you?

In anticipation of the AK I bought (which BTW, you gave me permission to buy- more another day on that) I have been stockpiling some ammo. It has to be non-metallic, so I picked up some of the Yugo surplus. Yeah, I am rethinking that at the moment... :? I have zero ambition to be on YouTube.
Ranger KW Driver
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Reinforces why eye-pro is such a good idea.

As for WD-40:
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot39.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who knew?

And as for exploding ammo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The games people play.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

C-MAC wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:That's my old group of guys and I can tell you that those weapons were shit, beat to death former IA crap that had been shall we say "neglected?" And the ammo, was worse. Most of it had been buried at one point or another and to get the dirt and corrosion off? Well you just spray it very liberally with good old WD-40. NEVER spray ammo with WD 40 :roll: :lol:

So we should...blame you?

In anticipation of the AK I bought (which BTW, you gave me permission to buy- more another day on that) I have been stockpiling some ammo. It has to be non-metallic, so I picked up some of the Yugo surplus. Yeah, I am rethinking that at the moment... :? I have zero ambition to be on YouTube.

I gave one of my sons an old Yugo Mauser for his 18th several years ago which I had meticulously restored. Along with this fine 8mm shooter I gave him a few cases of surplus 8mm, some of which still had Nazi markings (READ: "OLD"). The stuff had been stored properly for all those years, probably in European warehouses and to my knowledge, my boy has never had the first problem with any of it, nor did I. Most of your miliatry grade ammo is manufactured to some pretty rigid specs as is most of today's commercially available ammo, so the potential of killing ammo by spraying with penetrating oils is not 100%. However, when that next round may be the one that's the difference between life and death................ Here I was talking about ammo that more than likely was produced in Iraq or Egypt (READ: "SHIT").

"I gave you permission to buy an AK?" Okay,...... I give you permission to buy a high quality bottle of Scotch or some good sippin' bourbon and bring it the ranch :wink: 8) :lol:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “Weapons of War”