Is This Why We Serve?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

merlyn
Tadpole

Is This Why We Serve?

Post by merlyn »

The front page of the Thursday, October 1 Washington Post.
Thank God For Dead Soldiers?!
God Killed Your Sons?!
Thank God For 9/11?!
I know we defend the Constitution of the United States; however,
this definitely test ones mettle. Spongbob is pissed.
Last edited by merlyn on October 2nd, 2010, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Is This Why We Serve?

Post by cams »

merlyn wrote:The front page of the Thursday, October ! Washington Post.
God Killed Your Sons?!
Thank God For 9/11?!
Those clowns have been around for years. Wake up, you're missing a good game.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

cams wrote:
merlyn wrote:The front page of the Thursday, October ! Washington Post.
God Killed Your Sons?!
Thank God For 9/11?!
Those clowns have been around for years. Wake up, you're missing a good game.
Ranger cams,
This is very true....for me, all the way back to the 60s. My apologies, I am not making reference
to the morons carrying the signs. I am actually angered about the signs. I would like to ask these
people why they carry such things.
Last edited by merlyn on October 2nd, 2010, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

They aren't worthyour time bud. Seriously. Those clowns cannot be reasoned with, way too far out there, cultlike.

I've dealt with them personally and their main goal is to infuriate people enough to assault them, and because they are made up of mostly attorneys, yes you read it right, they sue anybody that touches them. That's how they finance their cult.

They sue towns/cities, individuals, police depts, ect. Just way out there.

We'd all like to crush their balls someday, but alas, they have none.

I understand your anger, as I said I've dealt with them personally.

Best to not even give them the satisfaction.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Why you serve/have served is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. That is for all people, even distasteful folks on the margins such as these.

To bring perspective, don't forget the gratuitous amount of Americans on the other side. Folks who wake up every day simply trying to make our country better for themselves, their children and neighbors. Folks who need and want the help of our military. They far outnumber these bottom dwellers.

As someone who first-hand survived the 11th September I can advise I cheer with every successful mission, cheer with every drone strike, appreciated every ounce of strength expended (and watch my entire family do the same), cry with every loss, give until I can't anymore and remember in my prayers, EVERY DAY, those who serve and those who have served. And people like me FAR outnumber that scourge.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Red, White and Blue...Rednecks, White Trash and Blue Collars baby!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Ranger cams
C-Mac
Ranger panthersix

I do not believe there is a greater calling than that of
putting on a uniform, and serving this country. I also
know that all of the reasons we serve would take too
much time and space to list here. I have never been
personally exposed to these people; however, I tell
anyone commenting on those who serve that I and
they have and always will presevre their right to do
so. Just seeing those signs really angered me. Thank
you, Sirs, for helping me to calm down. For what it
is worth, the members of this website are my
brothers in arms. I would stand beside you anytime.
Spongbob out.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Rangermom wrote:I keep hoping and praying they will finally get the correct Kool-Aid recipe. So far they are too damn ignorant to figure out the correct ratio.
I believe that the late reverend Jim Jones had that ratio figured out.
I wonder...do you think we might be able to google that information?
Perhaps then we could make an anonymous suggestion to these folks.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Old Grunt,
I enjoyed your analogy, Sir.
However, I do remember this
quaint liitle shop down in
Central America that had a very
good selection of shrunken
heads. I suppose it would
be a rather strange sensation
at first, but it could grow on
you. Just don't stare at
yourself in the mirror. 8) :lol:
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

Kraddy
Tadpole

Post by Kraddy »

Contrary to popular belief, the WBC clowns can actually be retaliated against, and from the comfort of your own home. Something I read on another website that actually sounds like a strong positive tactic that could have real impact.
[People] frequently ask how they can counter protest or stop the WBC. Most of you are aware that they troll funerals with the intent of inciting a response. The "Phelps-Chartered Firm" is the legal arm of the WBC, located in Kansas.
Here's how we stop it: file a bar complaint with Kansas and get Phelps-Chartered Firm attorneys suspended/disbarred. Take it from a lawyer, a bar complaint is serious business and must be responded to. This is not an issue of whether WBC may express their opinion (they're legally permitted to do so), but whether the attorneys participating in this scheme are acting professionally and ethically. I contend that they are not.
Step 1
Print out a complaint form and fill out the required information.
Step 2
The most important thing is to make proper allegations. Here's what I've come up with, feel free to submit or modify (Edit: I would honestly encourage everyone to do their own research and determine if there are any other rules which you believe the Phelps-Chartered Firm violates. My letter is a template, not meant to be copied en masse. If you find the firm's actions disparaging to the profession, inform Kansas of your opinion in your own way.):

Code: Select all

This complaint is against members of the Phelps-Chartered Firm ("The Firm"), located in Kansas. Its members include, but are not limited to, Jonathan B. Phelps, Shirley Phelps Roper, Rachel I. Hockenbarger, Rebeka A. Phelps Davis, Margie J. Phelps. The Firm has violated the Kansas Rules of Professional Conduct numerous times and continues to engage in acts which demean the legal profession.

The Firm is the exclusive counsel of the Westboro Baptist Church ("WBC"), with WBC providing the near-total source of work for The Firm. Every member of The Firm is a member of WBC. WBC is engaged in the practice of protesting high profile and military funerals throughout the United States with the purpose of inducing violent reaction against WBC members. The Firm is so closely involved with the operations of the WBC that it is an actual part of the WBC.

Members of The Firm have repeatedly violated Rule 8.4(http://www.kscourts.org/rules/Rule-Info.asp?r1=Rules+Relating+to+Discipline+of+Attorneys&r2=2) of the Kansas Rules of Professional conduct. Members of The Firm have represented their client (WBC) with the knowledge that their client's actions will likely lead to an attempted battery or assault. Members of The Firm have conducted this representation with actual or constructive knowledge that their client's actions will lead others to engage in criminal violence against WBC, in direct violation of 8.4(a).

The Firm provides actual and constructive support of WBC's actions, which adversely reflects on the The Firm and its members' fitness to practice law, in violation of Rule 8.4(g). In addition The Firm's actions violate the Kansas Bar Association's Hallmarks of Professionalism as The Firm diminishes respect for the role of the lawyer in society and fails to respect all persons, regardless of gender, race, or creed.

As stated in the Scope of the Kansas Rules of Professional conduct, "[t]he Rules do not, however, exhaust the moral and ethical considerations that should inform a lawyer, for no worthwhile human activity can be completely defined by legal rules. The Rules simply provide a framework for the ethical practice of law." Members of The Firm have acted unprofessionally, unethically and counseled their clients to induce others to violate the law. To permit their continued ability to practice law in Kansas would be a flagrant disregard of professional guidelines and would put the Kansas legal community into disrepute.
Step 3
Mail this out to:
Office of the Disciplinary Administrator
701 Southwest Jackson, First Floor
Topeka, Kansas 66603
Please be respectful, articulate, and professional. Bar complaints are a serious business and the goal of this is not to inundate the Kansas Disciplinary Administrator with paperwork. The goal is to present reasonable arguments and public support as to why the Phelps-Chartered Firm should not be permitted to practice law in Kansas.
Ship date: 20110124
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Excellent post Kraddy, beat them at their own game.
I just copied that to sympathetic attorneys I know - they can best file effective complaints.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Ranger K Ingraham
Kraddy

Thank you, Sirs.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

Return to “The Mosh Pit”