"Field" Workouts

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
G.G
Embryo

"Field" Workouts

Post by G.G »

Rangers and others, this thread is concerning a question that popped into my head today. Next year I will be moving to a new house closer to campus and right across the street from it is a HUGE soccer field, actually it's probably two side by side. The sight of this field and my current process of developing a workout plan to follow once I am good to go after the sinus surgery I just had got me thinking. During high school's 6 AM wrestling workouts my coach developed an interesting routine. Two days a week we would go out to the football field and do 'field" workouts. These consisted of flipping large rubber tractor tires, end over end, and striking them with 10+lb sledge hammers. My question is do you see where a "field" workout, or any variations anyone can suggest, would fit into a workout plan with the intent of getting in shape for the rigors of RASP?

I have been thinking of something such as flipping the tire 20 yards, sprinting back to the goal line then back to the tire, immediately go into striking the tire with a sledgehammer 10 times each side, then pump out a set of elevated push-ups with feet on the tire, and continue for a certain amount of 20 yard intervals. I would do these workouts on days where I would usually do sprint/interval running work.
"Mediocrity is self-inflicted; greatness is self-bestowed." - Walter Russell
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: "Field" Workouts

Post by Earthpig »

If your question is would that type of workout benefit you, "Hell yes!" Mix it up, though. Don't do the same thing every time. The types of exercises you could do are as endless as the imagination. You can do some cool stuff with medicine balls, too.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”