SITREP

Basic & AIT
Ghostex
Infantryman

SITREP

Post by Ghostex »

I graduated OSUT Friday as an 11B. It was probably one the happiest moments in my life when i got that blue cord. I scored a 299 on my final PT test; I was one pushup short. Alot of people in my platoon had their RIP contracts dropped for failing their PT tests. These are the people that go to sleep during personal time instead of working out and they are the ones who spent $5 for MRE candy. They thought it to be "unfair" to lose their contract. Now that RIP has changed to RASP and is now 8 weeks long,even more people are contemplating about dropping their contract.
I graduated out of Aco. 2-19 where we had no privileges or passes, we were always in a modified version of red phase. So its a bit weird having all these Airborne hold privileges. I dont know much about Fort Benning except for Santiago Gym which i plan on hitting up later this afternoon. I was wondering if there were any other facilities that I could use to help get back in shape; pools, exercise programs, etc. This site has been a great resource and keeps me motivated, and I would like to thank you Rangers for all the effort you put into it.
Ship Date: 20090723
"No man is an island"---John Donne
"Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."
That Guy
Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by That Guy »

Good job dude. The gym by Airborne school has a pool you can practice the water confidence test which you will be tested on in RIP. I'm not sure if thats the Santiago gym or not. Just make sure to keep in shape while in Airborne. Just doing the 25 PU's every time you cross under the Airborne sign won't cut it.
1/75 C Co
2004-2006

Hard times don't last, but hard men do.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Smith Gym has a pool and plenty of other things to get your sweat on. That and Audie Murphy gym has tons of great stuff that is more cross fit oriented. Both of these gyms are located on main post. Smith Gym is on Dixie Rd and Audie Murphy Gym is on Sightseeing Rd. Call or go over to find out when you can use the pool for that type of thing... I can't remember off the top of my head.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
That Guy
Ranger

Post by That Guy »

Disinfertention wrote:Smith Gym has a pool and plenty of other things to get your sweat on. That and Audie Murphy gym has tons of great stuff that is more cross fit oriented. Both of these gyms are located on main post. Smith Gym is on Dixie Rd and Audie Murphy Gym is on Sightseeing Rd. Call or go over to find out when you can use the pool for that type of thing... I can't remember off the top of my head.

The gym by Airborne has (had) time slots set up at night where you could go practice in the pool. It actually is set up that way to help people succeed, not fail any water confidence tests.

The Audie Murphy Gym is right across the street from RIP, so it's pretty convenient.
1/75 C Co
2004-2006

Hard times don't last, but hard men do.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Only a 299? What's up with that? Seriously, good job. Don't get lazy in jump school.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

Since RASP is a new program the first class begins in january. So you will have plenty of time in RASP pending to workout and get into good shape. Audie Murphy gym is a dream come true for the workouts posted on here and the more crossfit/militaryathlete style gym sessions. Don't get complacent during Airborne and you will do fine. You have a long wait but stick with it, it is worth it.
RangerJurena's Mentee
Ship Date: 20090527
Ghostex
Infantryman

Post by Ghostex »

Thanks for the info, it seems the Audie Murphy is solid gold and will definitely be hitting it up instead of getting milkshakes. I have a solid workout group of battle buddies, so we'll be keeping each other motivated. Alot more people have dropped their RIP contracts after being offered duty station of choice. Its all for the better though; get rid of the unmotivated early.
Ship Date: 20090723
"No man is an island"---John Donne
"Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Young Brother YOU are EXACTLY where you need to be. Let the weak "bleed off". They always do eventually, regardless. Stay focused, pushups, pullups, situps/abs, walking lunges in sets of 100s and run, run, run!!! You'll be fine! Good luck!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations oliviera436, on receiving yur Blue Cord.

You can pick a new avatar from tactical or one of your own choosing.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About OSUT”