Time to call a spade a spade...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

fatboy
Ranger

Time to call a spade a spade...

Post by fatboy »

Here's a brief rundown- a buddy's wife sent me this link about a school in Washington that refused to let a child use a picture of his father, a CPL in the Reserves holding a gun for a school project. When I get the head ass clown's email I'll post it for others to send to express themselves about the fuck socks running that school district.

LINK:

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/kennewick ... 53902.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
ShotUp
Soldier

Re: Time to call a spade a spade...

Post by ShotUp »

If I'm out of my lane I apologize and can delete this if needed.

This is the guy listed in the articles contact info:
Mike Kirby, Assistant Superintendent - (509) 967-6002

His boss' contact info:
Jean Lane, Superintendent - (509) 967-6001

This is a link for a contact form to contact the school district:
http://www.rsd.edu/contact/contact-form.html

Finally here is the e-mail address for the principal of this child's school:
heidi.weisert-peatow@rsd.edu

Hope this helps.

I'm still trying to find an email address for Mike Kirby.
02-08 1/128 INF BN
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Just sent the principal the following:

Mrs Weisert,

It has come to my attention that you are the principal of the Wiley Elementary school in West Richland and this email is addressing my disbelief at your schools position on the incident with Army Reserve Cpl. David Henes' son.

The fact that your staff recommended a child's father, who is serving, to pose for a picture without his assigned weapon, because it was deemed inappropriate for a classroom is outrageous. CPL Henes, standing in that picture, with his M16, is not doing so because he loves the fact that he has a weapon and wants to kill people. He carries that weapon to protect his family and his nation from harm. Whatever your political opinions of the war in Iraq or the Military are, it should be crystal clear that serving as a US Army Soldier is an honorable profession. One of dedication, commitment and courage. I certainly cannot understand why you have not immediately issued a public and a personal apology to the Henes family.

Whoever the staffers were who made this ludicrous recommendation should be reprimanded and in the nature of academic improvement assigned to each write a 500 word essay on why a Soldier with his assigned weapon is perfectly fine to use as a photographic representation of a "hero", just as a law enforcement officer is with his assigned pistol. These would then be posted on your school website for all to read.

The goal of education should be to offer all points of view and develop an active, independently thinking mind, not to impose a small minded nitwit's point of view on an eight year old child from a patriotic family - one who actually makes sacrifices to preserve your right to free speech. If you had ever served you would know that you are ultimately responsible for the actions of your subordinates. It is time for you to take action and right a wrong.

Sincerely,
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Nice :)
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Blacksmith
Ranger

Post by Blacksmith »

Thank You!
101st ABN Div. 1958 ~ 63
RS 9-60
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Well I got a (what I suspect to be automated) response back from the school district server.
Thank you for your input regarding the appropriateness of the photo in
the third grade classroom. My decision to ask the father to replace the
photo was not intended in any way as a slight against the military or
the father’s military service. I have supported many members of my
own family who have proudly served in our military. I had a very
thoughtful conversation with the father about this incident yesterday
and am thankful for his decision to provide a replacement photo for the
project, and his continued support for our teachers and school. I
apologize to any military veterans and citizens who may have been
offended.

Dr. Heidi Weisert-Peatow
Principal, Wiley Elementary
The big problem I have with this is that the message came from.... a Steve Aagard... here's his email: Steve.Aagaard@rsd.edu

I am going to follow my last one up with another blast for having someone else do your work.
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Found some more contact info for these "educators"- By the way Nomad, that response wasn't automated, it was from the the Communications director, who is that Steve Asgaard guy.
Here's the link for contact numbers:
http://www.rsd.edu/contact/central-admi ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure there will be more to follow

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

More info-

mike.kirby@rsd.edu This guy is the assistant superintendent for the school district

Some more info on this Asgaard guy- the response that Nomad received from his letter was basically a drafted form letter thought up by this jackass. Apparently the school board has not received or heard anything about this, or not enough to make them care.

Edited to add: I also have phone numbers and addresses for the members of the school board, if anyone needs them, send me a PM

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Great points and I commend you..................... but try to keep the emotionalism out of your correspondence and avoid calling the guy a nitwit. Neither will lend weight to the argument and you'll come off looking like the bad guy. The absolute best point you made was in reference to the police officer...........Asking him something to the affect, "Would you have required the son of a police officer to supply another photo as well because he was wearing his side arm?" That was an AWESOME point, you should have popped smoke and broke contact as soon as you asked it.....Send them that question and see what their reply is! And I would seriously consider contacting the local representative, congressman or senator with regards to this issue.

What that woman doesn't realize is that the freedoms she enjoys are protected by selfless men with guns who are willing to give their lives for narrow minded windbags like her and not expect a thank you in return.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

fatboy wrote:Found some more contact info for these "educators"- By the way Nomad, that response wasn't automated, it was from the the Communications director, who is that Steve Asgaard guy...
So he signs his emails with her signature block?
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Apparently that Asgaard guy is their communications guy, which from what I can find out is kind of like their version of public affairs.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1

Return to “The Mosh Pit”