Knots!

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Morris0352
Ranger

Knots!

Post by Morris0352 »

What knots will I need to know by the end of RIP. I know that you must master certain knots and are tested but I don't know which ones they are. I'd like to start cracking on things like that so that when the time comes for me to be taught the knots I don't have to worry about them too much. A list of any/all of them would be great
Thanks
Kyle
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You can pretty much use the Ranger Handbook and the knots it contains as a guide as to good knots to learn and practice. As to what exactly they teach at RIP today, I'm not going to tip the hands of the Ranger Indoctrination Program instructors.
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

When they test you on knots(when you were in) did they just take out a list of like 10-20 or however many knots you learned and chose a few, a dozen, or all of them?? or did they just randomly choose them for each person?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Its standard test for everyone. Same number of knots, same time allowed to finish each. Just study those knots and practice them and you should do fine.
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

Thank you VERY much
Cicisbeo

Post by Cicisbeo »

Dude, don't worry, you only need to know two knots and they are easy. Square knot and the bowline knot. The bowline is the most important. There isn't a test, you just need to tie everything down to your ruck and if you take forever they'll begin a modest smoke session.

Cicisbeo
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

Ohh ok, that clears some stuff up Thanks you very much.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

and be sure that you know how to tie your boot laces !
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About RASP”