Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Knocked up was freakin hysterical. Highly recommend it.
It's essentially the same cast as 40 year old virgin, plus Katherine Heigl.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Yep... she ain't too shabby!!!

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Watched "Letters from Iwo Jima" the other day, enjoyed the hell out of it.

It's like being on the other side of the movie, "Flags of our Fathers".

The whole movie is in Japanese, from the Japs perspective inside the caves. It humanizes the enemy we all grew up to hate from the history books. I ain't sympathizing you fags, just saying. 8)

It was very enjoyable, long and you gotta read the whole thing, so let's call it a short book with video. :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Bulldawgs07
Ranger

Post by Bulldawgs07 »

The trailer for "John Rambo" aka Rambo IV is out. Looks friggin sick.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/ ... e-trailer/
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

1408:

I think this is the best King movie in a long time.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I rarely see movies in the theater - always buy em on DVD, specially now that a lot are coming out in HD - it's worth it to me. Anyrate - I bought Shooter, which I enjoyed the hell out of last night and Breach, which I just started watching.
Torleif
Embryo

Post by Torleif »

"Framom främsta linjen/ Etulinjan edessä"

In this movie you get to follow Fänrik (First leutnant) Harry Järv that leads a successful company of the Swedish speaking regiment IR61 at the strongpoint Svir during the continuation war.
You get to follow the 1:st Lt and his recon patrols as they penetrate deep behind the Russian lines to complete their mission.

Harry Järv himself are narrator of the factual parts during the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377935/

//T.
2:nd Amphibious Batt.
KA1/KAB2 (Swe)
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Went to see Live free or Die Hard. I really enjoyed it..

I haven't rented a lot of movies lately, but I did see Shooter again on video.

I also took my nephew to see Ratatouille. We liked it a lot, although it was a little slow in the middle. But the end made up for it. :D
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Dafid Ranger wrote:So I went back a few pages, and I see that you Fuckers liked "The Shooter".......anyone think it was worth buying?
Yes.
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Transformers...

AMAZING, especially if you were a fan of watching it as the original cartoon series in the early 80s. Absolutely amazing special effects. They even use the original transforming sound effects and of course the original Optimus Prime voice.

They use a lot of current military technology in the film as well. Blackhawks, Spectre Gunships, F-22 Raptor, etc.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Dafid Ranger wrote:So I went back a few pages, and I see that you Fuckers liked "The Shooter".......anyone think it was worth buying?
Brother, I am no "Sniper"... so I don't have the extensive knowledge base to sharpshoot a shooter move... but, from what I DO know about long range shooting... I had serious issues with the physics in the movie.

Other than that, yes... it is worth having. I personally, did the NetFlix / RipIt4Me thing... :wink:

It is an entertaining movie... Marky Mark does ok with what he has. I just don't care for his personal politics... but, he does pull off a good role. The opening sequence is a hoot... 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Transformers was fucking awesome!
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
swagger
Ranger

Post by swagger »

JarHedSolja wrote:Transformers...

AMAZING, especially if you were a fan of watching it as the original cartoon series in the early 80s. Absolutely amazing special effects. They even use the original transforming sound effects and of course the original Optimus Prime voice.

They use a lot of current military technology in the film as well. Blackhawks, Spectre Gunships, F-22 Raptor, etc.
Seriously, the fucking movie rocked!
The scorpion scene was outstanding. A view over Spectre as it lights this one robo-bitch up was one of the coolest fight scenes.
1st BN: Bco 98-02, HHC 02-04
RS 5-99

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

swagger wrote:
JarHedSolja wrote:Transformers...

Seriously, the fucking movie rocked!
The scorpion scene was outstanding. A view over Spectre as it lights this one robo-bitch up was one of the coolest fight scenes.
Excellant, my little boy asked me last night if I'd take him to see it, think we'll do that tonight! 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The Mosh Pit”