The New APFT

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
The1who1
Egg

The New APFT

Post by The1who1 »

From what I've been reading the APFT is getting ready to go through some changes this coming year. From my understanding of the reasoning is the army is going from more "endurance" like tests to more "burst" strength evaluations. Now fair warning this is merely what I have read and please anyone with more information please feel free to educate a poor soul. But the APFT that we all have come to know...

2 mile run
2 min Push ups
2 min Sit ups

Is being turned into:

1 1/2 mile run
1 min Push ups
1 min of Rows (I have not heard how the weight is decided)
Standing long jump (Average results in testing have been jumping your height)
Shuttle run

Now my main reason for posting this is being the army as a whole has reevaluated their PF training what bearing will that have on the scores required by Ranger School/RIP? or will Ranger School/RIP stay "Tried and True" to the old methods? If any RI's or people currently in the Know can shed some light?

As always Rangers thank you for your time and if this is out of line feel free to toss it where it belongs and assign push ups where they belong.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: The New APFT

Post by K.Ingraham »

Don't sweat the small stuff. Just get into the best shape you can.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
BrolyTheLegendary
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by BrolyTheLegendary »

It's the rower, a full body exorcise. The new pt test will begin in October. I was told today by my recruiter that my osut will be using this new test, and I ship in September. I have tried this out, though idk how scoring would be, it does seem fairly simple though. The rowers do seem to be harder than sit ups.

http://www.armytimes.com/mobile/index.p ... 030411w%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Law of Power #28: Enter Action With Boldness.

Ship: 20110913
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

BrolyTheLegendary wrote:It's the rower, a full body exorcise. The new pt test will begin in October. I was told today by my recruiter that my osut will be using this new test, and I ship in September. I have tried this out, though idk how scoring would be, it does seem fairly simple though. The rowers do seem to be harder than sit ups.

http://www.armytimes.com/mobile/index.p ... 030411w%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
idk
You are not texting here.
You will use proper grammer or you've come to the wrong site.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
F3aR
Egg

Post by F3aR »

It's grammar, not "grammer". Check your own spelling before you tell someone else to check.

My recruiter has been talking quite a bit about the new PT tests.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

The New APFT

Post by RMP-RLTW »

ZoneIV wrote:
F3aR wrote:It's grammar, not "grammer". Check your own spelling before you tell someone else to check.
You need to STFU when it comes to correcting anyone on this site. You certainly show no "situational awareness" when it comes to addressing Rangers on this site. You are merely guest here.
You beat me to it!!

F3ar
Shut your fucking mouth! The RANGERS on this site have done more, seen more, and GIVEN more than you could possibly hope to. Pay attention to who you are addressing and show the proper respect they have EARNED!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Hey Austin, aka "fucktard", wrong fucking answer!! I hope those ROTC cadre at ASU know what kind of smartass punks they're attracting. Maybe will give them a heads up because you seem to like special attention.
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Worldweaver wrote:Hey Austin, aka "fucktard", wrong fucking answer!! I hope those ROTC cadre at ASU know what kind of smartass punks they're attracting. Maybe will give them a heads up because you seem to like special attention.
I spend a few days a month in the Phoenix area it would be real easy for me to drive over to Tempe
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Also I vote to BAN this dipshit
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

ZoneIV wrote:
Baseplate wrote:Also I vote to BAN this dipshit
I believe this would be a record....a ban after three posts. Well his intro back in May was shitty as well as his attitude. He made no attempt to correct after being asked by Rgrwest and now this. He obviously places himself above the rules of our house. What the hell....let's ban for being an "untrainable dipshit".
Fuck him. He should heed the ROE or he can take a fucking walk. I'm pretty sure that no one will miss him.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Baseplate wrote:
Worldweaver wrote:Hey Austin, aka "fucktard", wrong fucking answer!! I hope those ROTC cadre at ASU know what kind of smartass punks they're attracting. Maybe will give them a heads up because you seem to like special attention.
I spend a few days a month in the Phoenix area it would be real easy for me to drive over to Tempe
You won't do it. But if you do I better get a phone call shortly after.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

F3aR wrote: My recruiter has been talking quite a bit about the new PT tests.
That is nice. What is your recruiters name ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About Army Physical Training”