Introduction-Juan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

ricanman
Tadpole

Re: Introduction-Juan

Post by ricanman »

Roger Ranger Sleepy Doc! I do want this and I'm willing to fight hard for my chance to serve with the best of the best and make myself a step above the standard. Already working on weight as my diet is squared away lean meats, veggies, clean carbs and fats swell as purely drinking water. I haven't updated my weight but I'm now at 181 from the original 190+. Cardio hasdefinitley been helping as the only form I do is running and have started utilizing sled pulling and stair climber. I definitely plan to lean down and your right while most of my weight is muscle I got a good chunk of fat thats just irking me. Also had some shin problems but they are healed and bought myself some orthopedic insoles which have tremendously helped my feet and pacing. As for your take on the start of the enlistment process I wasn't sure exactly if you recommend waiting for option 40's or going in. It seems you say go in and be the best damn soldier they ever saw to increase my chances. I will talk to the recruiter this Thursday in person after the ASVAB and of course try and shoot for that GT 110 score despite only having a day to prepare. I'll keep you and the other Rangers updated on my situation as I told the recruiter I am not settling for less as this is my future here and I STRONGLY desire nothing less then Ranger contracts or Airborne.

And roger on the height question Ranger Sleepy Doc , I realize now it ain't the size of the guy but the size of his will to push-on despite some whatever disadvantages he's got. Gonna keep on and rucking forward focusing on my 25m target as instructed furthering my goal of becoming a Ranger one day.

ricanman
Tadpole

Post by ricanman »

A little random but I met a many few option 40's and some Ranger want to be's on a social app and referred them all to this site and warned them on the ATD and intros the site should be getting some new members soon hopefully.

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ricanman wrote:RANGERS, a little random but I met a few option 40's and some Ranger wannabe's on a social app and referred them all to this site and warned them on the ATD and intros. The site should be getting some new members soon hopefully.
Fixed it for you. Again. 50 elevated P/U's. 25 diamond and 25 wide. Now. I'm assuming by ATD you meant attention to detail? Take your own goddamn advice. Then just drop and knock them out.

If your introduction thread is more than 2 pages long and you haven't done anything yet (yours is 4) you're fucking wrong and you're fucking around like teenagers on goddamned FB.

Square your shit away now, this isn't a fucking playground. There's a hundred things you need to be doing other than running your suck here or elsewhere. Study, PT, keep your nose clean and limit the drivel that escapes your goddamned blow hole.

This goes for all of you other fucking Newbs here too. The only reason you're here is to learn.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

ricanman
Tadpole

Post by ricanman »

Roger Ranger Cams shutting up and cranking out your PT corrections.

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I'm pleased to see that you have followed Cam's directive; also pleased to see you have been on the site recently. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

ricanman
Tadpole

Post by ricanman »

Rangers, much has happened over the past two weeks and I will post new PT scores.
PU- 69
SU-74
2 Mile Run- 14:45
Pull-ups: 10
5 Mile Run- 41:03

As always I have been staying strong and focusing on PT and remembering my Ranger knowledge daily. I recently have been with my recruiter and took the ASVAB in which I studied hard for receiving a 65 total score. I am disappointed as I was 1 point away from obtaining a GT score of 105 required to serve in the Regiment. I talked over the situation with my recruiter and being the Ranger qualified man he was patted me on the back and told me to suck it up and wait for my chance. He said I will have to wait until I go into my line unit, take a FAST class to improve my GT line score, and drop a RASP packet ASAP. He explained to me re-testing just to fix a few points is a no-go and I have to wait until then.

I was pretty upset seeing as how now my hopes of getting a contract or obtaining a slot in OSUT was my goal. I won't self pity myself, as despite studying hard I did not meet the standard even if it was one point and just like here failure to meet standards is un-acceptable in Ranger Regiment. I am going to dust myself off obtain an Option 4 contract and be do my utmost to excel all the way through BCT and Infantry OSUT until I get my chance. I still hope to continue to learn much from this site and take away from the great men who run Army Ranger.com swell as push myself to excel in PT and beyond. I'll be honest its a bit dis-heartining at first but I am more determined then ever to charge at my dream in serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment. I am not sure if I should keep updating my progress or just come back once I have put in my packet for RASP in the future. Either way I will stay active reading and learning from posts and etc swell as refer people to the site.

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Good to see you can follow simple instruction, re: my last post to you two weeks ago.

This is exactly why I was hitting you so hard on studying and paying attention to detail instead of fucking around. That one point cost you something. Thankfully it wasn't a life. Stay and learn. Your options are not gone. Regiment will always be there, waiting for those that want to live her life.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ricanman wrote:I was pretty upset seeing as how now my hopes of getting a contract or obtaining a slot in OSUT was my goal. I won't self pity myself, as despite studying hard I did not meet the standard even if it was one point and just like here failure to meet standards is un-acceptable in Ranger Regiment. I am going to dust myself off obtain an Option 4 contract and be do my utmost to excel all the way through BCT and Infantry OSUT until I get my chance. I still hope to continue to learn much from this site and take away from the great men who run Army Ranger.com swell as push myself to excel in PT and beyond. I'll be honest its a bit dis-heartining at first but I am more determined then ever to charge at my dream in serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment. I am not sure if I should keep updating my progress or just come back once I have put in my packet for RASP in the future. Either way I will stay active reading and learning from posts and etc as well as refer people to the site.
Remember that to your recruiter, you are just a quota that he has to fill. To you, on the other hand, this is your life you are dealing with. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

As Ranger Jim has said this is your life. I would not take your recruiter's word for it. Is this your first time taking the ASVAB? If so I am pretty sure you can retake it you just need to wait I believe it is at least 30 days. If this was a retake then it is 6 months. Something I would look into.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????

ricanman
Tadpole

Post by ricanman »

Roger Ranger Jim, Ranger Cams and Ranger Grim666, I definitely want this and I blew my chance despite whatever I say I did. Ranger Grim666 I asked him many times trust and believe and he kept saying it's official policy that if I get a passing score then I can't retake. I hear many times of people threatening to walk out if they don't get what they want or can't retake the ASVAB and the recruiter never deals with them again. I can take it further and keep bugging him or try and contact Recruiting battalion in Tampa, but I'm afraid I'll just be doing more harm then good by pestering my recruiter. I called other recruiters on all of this and the said the same so no use there. I honestly see it as an opportunity to get some needed experience in the Army and instill the military life in me before I go to RASP. I think getting some time in will help me shape up even more and grow accustom to Infantry life and bolster my chances of getting selected at RASP. Either way I look at it what's done is done but I want to make a career for myself and the Regiment will be in my burning hearts desire. I will strive to excel in my unit until the time is right and keep up strong with PT and other things. Thank you Rangers for your feedback as I will continue to push on to the Ranger objective.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”