Introduction- Michael

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

CopoCamaro
Egg

Introduction- Michael

Post by CopoCamaro »

Hello my name is Michael. I am 18 years old, I currently live in Muskegon, Mi. I am preparing to ship for FT Benning Jan 06, 11x OPT 40.

I was raised in a military family, (mostly Army) ever since i was old enough to say Infantry Airborne that was my dream. When i first went to the recruiter station no infantry jobs were available, I was disappointed obviously i ended up choosing 88M with OPT 40. Well i went down to MEPS they said I hada do a few consults one was a month later. Long story short the counselor asked me after my Airborne Physical if I wanted 11x OPT 40 I said Hell yea I do I could not have been happier that day. I was not projected to swear in that day I ended up doing that. Now I found this site while looking up stuff about rangers I like to learn the history of things I am interested in.

A little about me. I would say my biggest hobby is cars and trucks I am a gearhead, I love anything and everything to do with motors. I am a good ol southern boy, I do not take drama and BS. I love to go muddin, fishin, and huntin.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction- Michael

Post by cams »

Couple of things, first, welcome to ArmyRanger.com. We are a very different site than you've probably seen before. This isn't yahoo or Facebook.

Did you read anything before posting your intro? You're not to use your full name in the open on this site for PERSEC reasons, if you dont know what that means go ahead and look it up. Your screen name will now need to be changed by an Admin, and since they have better things to do, you owe them 50 push-ups. Don't cheat yourself, there's a reason for everything we do here, even if it just seems like someone's busting your balls, our house, our rules.

Capitalize the title of Ranger.

Pay attention to detail and grammatical errors, double check everything before hitting the submit button, every small detail missed will get you a lot of negative attention in your military career, might as well start learning now, that's why you're here isn't it?

Others will be along shortly. I suggest in the meantime going immediately to the Site Rules and Regs section and reading everything you can.

Good luck, and congratulations on securing your Opt40.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Michael, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Why do you want to be a Ranger? Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome to the site. Good luck and never quit!
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
CopoCamaro
Egg

Post by CopoCamaro »

I apologize for that and I hate technology this stuff confuses me. But my 2 mile run I normally average out between 14 mins and 15 mins this morning was 14:11 Push ups normally 60-70 this morning was 72 and situps roughly the same 60-70 this morning i did 69 i dont get the chance to do pull ups every morning but i normally get 20 in without droppin down
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CopoCamaro wrote:I apologize for that and I hate technology this stuff confuses me. But my 2 mile run I normally average out between 14 mins and 15 mins this morning was 14:11 Push ups normally 60-70 this morning was 72 and situps roughly the same 60-70 this morning i did 69 i dont get the chance to do pull ups every morning but i normally get 20 in without droppin down
Well, your scores are below average, so you need to work on your PT. When you arrive at OSUT, you will have an opportunity to build yourself up. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

CopoCamaro wrote:I apologize for that and I hate technology this stuff confuses me. But my 2 mile run I normally average out between 14 mins and 15 mins this morning was 14:11 Push ups normally 60-70 this morning was 72 and situps roughly the same 60-70 this morning i did 69 i dont get the chance to do pull ups every morning but i normally get 20 in without droppin down
The US fields a small standing Army in relation to Combat Power it can project. The deciding factors are adaptability and technology. Get better at both. Tech hits the Army faster than ever.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”