Grandson presently in RASP

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Grandson presently in RASP

Post by RangersNana »

Hello, First of all, Thank You Rangers,my grandson is in his 3rd week of RASP.I am so very proud/scared at the same time.I wish to express my gratitude for your service and the inspiration given by your example that my beloved grandson wishes to follow in your footsteps. I have had a glimpse into your training thru the famous youtube. all I can say is WOW!! You Warriors are amazing!My grandson can not think of anything else but earning that Tan Beret,and patch.I am not going to ask questions about RASP,however I would like to ask this,he mentioned something about possibly going to Alaska to sniper train with a Seals Unit? did I misunderstand? Is that a possible? Thank You Rangers for your time and effort to enlighten me. Gods Speed,Rangers Lead the Way!!!! Sincerely,Jordan's Nana
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Grandson presently in RASP

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Nana.

I moved your topic from RASP & altered your title to reflect what brings you here. I moved your topic here because your first post (as a courtesy to us) is to be an introduction (your introduction Ma'am).
2nd) no one can have Ranger in their name when their son or grandson is not yet a Ranger. So for you I will wait a few weeks to see if your grandson passes RASP - call it (a rare ocassion) of looking the other way. But I will expect you to make up for these little items by reading our various FAQ's & stickies (thumb-tack to left of certain topics) in every forum you visit Ma'am. It's nice to have young ladies (such as yourself) visit our site & good luck to your grandson too. Tell him we said thanks for his ongoing service to our country & your family's sacrifice for raising a warrior.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK Nana, You wound onto the site that takes pride in helping young men earn their place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Did your grandson participate in this site or did you find us on your own? Your grandson has to earn his place on his own. This is unique among his peers. If he makes it you have reason to be proud. If not, you can be proud that he tried, Please tell us more about yourself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Nana

RLTW!!!

Rangers Lead The Way.
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Welcome Nana. PLEASE Don't be intimidated by your rookie introduction/name mistakes. Many of us have been there done that! ..Especially us older folks :)
If you could post a personal introduction about YOURSELF in the civilian introduction thread that would be great. Many of us join first and then wander over to the FAQ which unfortunately is Azz backwards, since only then do we realise our mistakes. Additionally, the use of Ranger in a user name is reserved for those that have in FACT earned the title, the Rangers here have seen many try and fail to earn that coverted title. I wish your Grandson the very best in his endeavour and look forward to seeing your introduction!...If you have any questions please feel free to PM (Private message) me.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Thank You Rangers, I am so honored to have stumbled upon this site.my grandson has no idea I found your forum,since I havent been able to talk to him in weeks.I fear he wont make it do they allow them to get there cell phones back at some point . He is 3 weeks in.I wish to say I am sorry for my thoughtless screen name so I'll just go be Nana LOL thats what all the kids call me anyway.I know that the rasp is a tough program and I pray Jordan reaches his dream of earning the title "RANGER" he wants it so bad.I want it for him as well. I am so proud to be a American,so proud of our Armed Forces. if you were standing here right now I would shake your hand,give you all a hug and fix you one awesome meal! LOL thats how Nana's roll! Thank you Sirs,Thank you Rangers for your kindness and time and of course keeping us safe. God Bless our Troops!!!
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

I wish to be only compliant with respect for every Ranger here as well as all others.Thank you for your tolerance and my ignorance.please guide me to where I need to post my intro.I Thought I did that??? LOL no worries,Rangers lead the way,I'll humbly follow.Thank you Ranger
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

For now Nana I am going to leave your intro here.

Update us as you get more info on the Warrior Ma'am.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

How would I change my user name? I wish to be respectful,and you are right,he is in rasp not a Ranger YET. I am more than willing to comply.Thank you Rangers
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

good news! He has completed phase 1 begins phase 2 next tues. Go Jordan!! thank you Rangers
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good news Nana.

Forget your name change Nana - I am going to make you & Jordan sweat it out. Go Jordan.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Yes Sir!!!! Thank you Ranger!!!
RangersNana
Rangers Nana

Post by RangersNana »

Jordan called today got to speak to him for about a hour.He is so pumped! Hoping he makes the 2nd phrase. Rangers lead the way!!! thank you Rangers

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”