Introduction: Matman

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

matman
Embryo

Introduction: Matman

Post by matman »

Hello gentleman,

I am an 18B/11B in the National Guard and found this page in my never ending search of information regarding Ranger School. My plans are to go to Ranger School after my current deployment is finished. I am currently spending all my free time listening to older/wiser heads about the process, and getting my PT up to where I want it to be. Any information you guys have regarding Ranger School or advice is always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

I have also been thinking about going Active Duty after Ranger School and have thought about RASP II as an option for me being a SSG currently (any advice or thoughts about a prior service NG 18 series guy crossing over to Active Duty Regiment would be appreciated as well).

Hope to continue learning from you guys! (back to lurking mode :wink: )
Matman AKA "The Rabbit".

“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without fear of disaster.”
-Sun Tzu
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction: Matman

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your service.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
matman
Embryo

Post by matman »

Gentlemen, thank yall for such a receptive welcoming. I thank you guys for what yall have done and are doing for this great country as well.

I am working on getting a slot nailed down. Its very difficult due to the fact that the deployment I'm on is a very strange animal, and the dates are still shakey as to when I'll be back. Also, I've been told my COC will require us to Demob (NG thing again), and take our FULL terminal leave amount prior to going to Ranger School (or any other school for that matter). My goal is to go ASAP on return. I'd forego my leave until I finished Ranger School IF they'd allow me to. But if its and issue I'll just wait until I get off leave. I'm looking at Fall this year or possible first of next year for a start date. I can let yall know bit more once i get closer.

Thanks again gentlemen, I really appreciate the reception. Back to lurking for me.
Matman AKA "The Rabbit".

“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without fear of disaster.”
-Sun Tzu

Return to “Introduction Archive”