airbourne to RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Go read some more and leave me alone.

RLTW
Bell
BeerForMe

Re: airbourne to RIP

Post by BeerForMe »

spero wrote:i believe i will bo going to airbourne school before RIP (please correct if i am wrong) and if so will all the PT in airbourne be could preparation fo the PT in RIP
Rangers may i have the privlidge of banging this kids head against the wall for not using the search button and continously asking questions?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Be careful boozer. Be very careful.

RLTW
Bell
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

i believe i will bo going to airbourne school before RIP (please correct if i am wrong) and if so will all the PT in airbourne be could preparation fo the PT in RIP
Yes, you will go to Airborne school before you go to RIP. Its required, although it shouldn't be done till you pass RIP some will say... that's a different story.

The PT in Airborne school sucks. Its lame as hell, no push-up/sit-up of any kind. Runs are slow as hell. And to top it off, they aren't very serious with their pull-ups. If you want to use Airborne school for any kind of physical training beyond hitting the ground "correctly" you are sadly mistaken. If you want to keep in shape through Airborne for RIP, then you need to do it on your own. I didn't really worry about it all that much, it was more fun that way... More pain. Do what you will.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
RLK
Embryo

Post by RLK »

Disinfertention wrote: Yes, you will go to Airborne school before you go to RIP. Its required, although it shouldn't be done till you pass RIP some will say... that's a different story.
FWIW what you're talking about is about to become SOP. Far too many people were going thru ABN only to drop RIP. As an interim countermeasure the no-voluntary withdrawal policy currently in effect was put in place as a preventive measure to keep the Option 40s from wasting RIP ABN slots until the RIP first, ABN 2nd pipeline becomes a reality.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

RLK wrote: to keep the Option 40s from wasting RIP ABN slots until the RIP first, ABN 2nd pipeline becomes a reality.
That sounds like a great policy.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Hell yeah! Batt Boys taking ABN School by storm. Man, those Black Hats are going to have their hands full.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

During my time in BN, I had many an opportunity to jump with Airborne school as a 'pay hurt'. It was always cool; they treated us like golden gods. Probably had something to do with the fact that it seemed like there was always at least one Black Hat that was in BN at one time. It was great; we usually got an entire pass all to ourselves; even if there were only a dozen of us. We would 'burn' green light so that we could land right next to the collection point. 8)

Membership has its priveledges; although I doubt the guys that pass RIP and then go on to Airborne will get treated this well. Too bad... :(

Return to “About RASP”