Does Anyone Know What RIP Means?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Bell

Does Anyone Know What RIP Means?

Post by Bell »

All you wannabes keep getting RIP somehow mixed up with Ranger School. RIP has nothing to do with Ranger School.

I want you all to sound off and tell me what RIP means. Then figure it out for yourself how or if it applies to Ranger School.

Time to clear the air.

RLTW
Bell
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

RIP is the Ranger Indoctrination Program Ranger Bell. It is a three week selection for lower enlisted (E-1 to E-4) for entrance into one of the three Ranger Battalions or the 75th Regimental Headquarters.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Excellent. I'm truly amazed at the quick and knowledgeable response.

Can you explain to me then why most of these guys relate it to Ranger School? I don't get it.

RLTW
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

I'll be damned. Another timely and knowledgeable response. 2 in one day. hahaha. It's good to be me sometimes.

Ranger Plavney, I think you're on to something there. Comprehension skills, for the most part, only consist in training students to adequately pass tests on Fridays. Of course if the poor student doesn't comprehend the question the teacher will grade the student on a curve and voila! Instant smartass.

Boys, yer headed fer the Army now and they won't put up with your stupidity. Get yer heads out of yer asses and start understanding what ya read and hear. Do some work on yer own and find out the answers to questions you have. All I had when I was in school was a set of encyclopedias and the public library. Some of you mental midgets would never make it.

I'm ranting today and being the smartass everyone thinks I am. I'm tired of stupid shit. Real tired. Today is not a good day to pop off with something stupid. I'm watching and waiting.

RLTW
Bell
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I thought it was changed to Regimental Indoctrination Program... Thought I heard something about it >.>....

Probably it was just one of those things...
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Bell

Post by Bell »

That could be true. They changed the Ranger Creed to say "Regiment" instead of "Battalion". Good point Disinfertention.

By the way, didn't ya go to third Battalion? Thought I'd sent ya a PM asking about that. PM your info to me.

RLTW
Bell
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I just sent it after I wrote that post >.> Seems as though I may have gotten my priorities a little off, eh?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hey Dis, if you see my good buddy SSG Legnetto, ask him to show you the 'bat hang'. He is an expert... :wink: Tell him Saulter sent you.

Yes, he was one of mine. :twisted: Ahhh, the kids grow up so fast....

Return to “About RASP”