Not leaving Ranger School?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Not leaving Ranger School?

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

I went down to my local recruiter to get some questions answered and this is what he told me. After Basic, AIT, Airborne and RIP, if you make it that far, you would go on to Ranger School and once your in Ranger School your not getting dropped unless you get peered out or you quit. So even if you fail a task, you will just get put in at that point with another class. He said the reasoning for this was because the Army has invested to much money in you, and if they drop you, they(the Army) wont get anything in return. Is this true?

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

How about one of the senior DEP's answering this question! Who is up for it? You should be able to answer most of it.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

GrumbleandGrrunt has the answer for this silly bastard.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Somebody square him away
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

I will take initiative on this matter.

First, remove your head from your ass.

You here for less than a month and your asking questions about Ranger School? I'm surprised no one has eaten you alive yet.

Second, worry about getting through OSUT first. Just because you pass BAC and RIP doesn't mean shit. Ever heard the saying "It harder to stay on the top than it is to get there"?

You won't go to Ranger School unless the Regiment thinks you have what it takes and wants you to be in a leadership position.

Third, SEARCH BUTTON! It's SOP around here. If you post keep it short, DEPers and Civilians usually end up inserting their foot into their mouth when they post.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Thanks for kind of answering my question. Im confident that I wont have a problem with OSUT though.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

SunDevilWrestler wrote:I will take initiative on this matter.

First, remove your head from your ass.

You here for less than a month and your asking questions about Ranger School? I'm surprised no one has eaten you alive yet.

Second, worry about getting through OSUT first. Just because you pass BAC and RIP doesn't mean shit. Ever heard the saying "It harder to stay on the top than it is to get there"?

You won't go to Ranger School unless the Regiment thinks you have what it takes and wants you to be in a leadership position.

Third, SEARCH BUTTON! It's SOP around here. If you post keep it short, DEPers and Civilians usually end up inserting their foot into their mouth when they post.
:shock: Sounds like H8 doesn't he?

Lets see if we can get a Ranger School expert to clarify the
once your in Ranger School your not getting dropped unless you get peered out or you quit.
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Dumbass No-nothing recruiter wrote:once your in Ranger School your not getting dropped unless you get peered out or you quit.
Yeah have the shit-stain explain why the graduation rate has been right at 50% for the last 50+ years...Coincidence?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Table of Elements Skater wrote:
I went down to my local recruiter to get some questions answered and this is what he told me.
This may seem horrible to you, but recruiters dont know everything about the Army. Just yesterday I was at MEPs and over heard a recruiter giving this one ass hat a Opt 40 contract. The kid did not even know what it was so the recruiter kindly explained and said this.

"Well and Option 40 makes you an Airborne Ranger, you go through all of basic and ait and all that stuff and then you go through Jump School, after jump school your assinged to a Ranger unit. Now at the Ranger unit they will take a look at you and say ahh he seems to be good so then you will go to 1 of the 3 Ranger Battalions, now after being there for a little while they will look at you again and say, well he seems good lets send him to Ranger school, the you will go through Ranger school and come back as a full Airborne Ranger"
At no point did he stress that fact that it may be a "little hard" or at least half of your class will drop out. He made it sound like a peice of cake. Which if you have read any books on Rangers or RIP you will know is totally false.

In case you did not catch the point I was trying to get across to you here it is. Your recruiter is telling you BULL SHIT, plain and simple.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Silverback wrote:
Dumbass No-nothing recruiter wrote:once your in Ranger School your not getting dropped unless you get peered out or you quit.
Yeah have the shit-stain explain why the graduation rate has been right at 50% for the last 50+ years...Coincidence?
I heard it because RI's are meanies! :D No offense 1stSgt.
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Silverback wrote:
Tab Defenders.....post!!!!

:twisted:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Tab Defenders.....post!!!!

:twisted:
You Rang?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Table of Elements Skater wrote:Thanks for kind of answering my question. Im confident that I wont have a problem with OSUT though.
What?
I'm confident that you will.
You're too fuckin' lazy to use a goddamn search button!
You're no doubt dying to believe this recruiter generated bullshit.
This shit has been addressed a hundred times but all your candy ass gives' a fuck about is an implied easier path than the one you thought you would have to take.
You're just the kind of little shit that'll tell your mommy you failed RIP because they were simply intolerant of your views and beliefs.
And you better hope there's more to the process than just "having a look at you"...you'll be accepted as the platoon bum-boy.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Thanks for the motivational speech RI Kilted Heathen, and to everyone else that posted. I know that a recruiters job is to get you to sign the papers, but why do they have to misinform young people?
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Table of Elements Skater wrote:Thanks for the motivational speech RI Kilted Heathen, and to everyone else that posted. I know that a recruiters job is to get you to sign the papers, but why do they have to misinform young people?
You're a smart-ass :evil:
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”