Shoulder Cuff Injury

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Stew86
Tadpole

Shoulder Cuff Injury

Post by Stew86 »

I fucked up my left shoulder when we were practicing bounding while getting shot at by paintballs. I went to the on campus doc and he said it was my rotator cuff and I should stay off of it for two weeks and perscribed some anti inflamatory. We have a PT test in two weeks, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any chest exercies I could do that don't involve my shoulder. I tried doing curls the other day, and even that hurt pretty badly. Any suggestions?
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Are you a slow learner?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

As the proud recipient of a fucked shoulder cuff and the accompanying surgery, my advice is lay off for two weeks. The Doc said two weeks, take two weeks. Do what the Doc tells you. Fuck the PT test. It's one a 8 million you'll have to do in the army. Tell you're instructor that you're injured, playing a game a like a dumbass, show him Doc's note and he should let you off. If not, oh well. Besides after two weeks of no upper body, I'm pretty certain you can still knock out 42 push-ups in two minutes. If you can't, you're a fucking nancy to begin with.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Roger that Rangers, and thanks for the advice. The only problem is that this PT test is the one they will be recording to see who gets a slot for Airborne school. I guess I'm fucked either way. I know I can do 42 pusups, the most I've done so far is 67 but I want to do the absolute best so I can go to Airborne this summer. I guess I will just run a lot for the next two weeks and try to compensate if I do poorly in the pushups.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Airborne School is all hooah and shit. So you don't go this summer. You'll go next summer or immediately after you complete OBC. Let your body heal. Trust me, the Army doesn't want any of it's brand new butter bars to non-Airborne qualified.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

The Holmchicken wrote:Yeah, yeah, yeah. Airborne School is all hooah and shit. So you don't go this summer. You'll go next summer or immediately after you complete OBC. Let your body heal. Trust me, the Army doesn't want any of it's brand new butter bars to non-Airborne qualified.

Yea, the Tankers really need that? :roll:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Roger that Ranger The Holmchicken, I guess I can stay off of it for 2 weeks. I'm going to run about everyday now so I can compensate, but if I don't get an Airborne slot, there's always next summer.

Return to “Medical Issues”