First Jump

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Silverback wrote:
Tzu-Theory wrote:lmao - Wait until your waiting your turn to hop out the and you have oil and grease sqirting on you. Makes it very very easy to jump out right away :twisted:

BTW: Helo jumps are the best...
OK I've heard this story...but after a few jumps from several different airframes I can say that " oil and grease sqirting on you"is a whole lot of exageration. Start jumping more and listen to fewer barracks stories and passing them off as your experiences.
I'd say you've just been cleaned by Mr. Wolfe.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Arctic Jumps are my favorite! Fucking human door bundle, ruck,weapon and snowshoes strapped to ya'.
"That, a bit o breeze and it's bicycle city!"
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Helo jumps with water landings are wicked fun!
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

hit_it wrote:
DocDaigle wrote:
The Holmchicken wrote: just wait until you do your first REAL combat equip (body weight plus) mass tac, night jump out a C-17 or better yet, a C-5. Then see how fun it is.
Here Here. Full Ranger Load with a Singard and Aid Bag. Then tell me how fun it is. You know your fucked when it takes two guys to help pick you up off the ground so you can Waddle up the Ranmp of a C-17.
been there many times bro.

many times.

and when you exit, you almost always slump forward because of the weight. hurts like a bitch to me.

dropping that ruck is like busting a good nut sometimes. :D
Are there bad nuts?
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

JMK SF G-2 wrote:
hit_it wrote:
DocDaigle wrote: Here Here. Full Ranger Load with a Singard and Aid Bag. Then tell me how fun it is. You know your fucked when it takes two guys to help pick you up off the ground so you can Waddle up the Ranmp of a C-17.
been there many times bro.

many times.

and when you exit, you almost always slump forward because of the weight. hurts like a bitch to me.

dropping that ruck is like busting a good nut sometimes. :D
Are there bad nuts?
yeah. the ones caught in the saddle during the prop blast. :cry:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

AirborneJoe324 wrote:I like anything with a ramp... less chance of the guy in front of you catching you with his static line. Ain't happened to me yet and I hope it never does.

*Knocks on wood*
The only fucking ramp I ever got was from a CH-47 on a Saturday fun jump. We were oh-so-close on a hollywood ramp C-130 jump into Camp Mackall, but it got scrubbed after the winds put the first stick into the trees. You know, when the DZSO is holding the wind guage behind his hand and radio'ing "Jump Anyway!". :twisted:

Joe, I made 44 static line jumps in 3.5 years, and we never had a towed jumper, never had someone get wrapped up in theirs or anothers static line, and only once did we have someone get hurt on the ground (landed in a hole and broke his tibia/fibula). We could unass a bird in flight like it was nobody's business. God help you if you were a short fucker in the middle of the stick when our CW3 was stick pusher.

If you make a proper exit with a good, tight body position, you shouldn't be worrying about the guy in front's line. If you're too close, you might get your nose bloodied by the bridal loop assembly of his 'chute.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)

Return to “About Airborne School”