Competing for a Ranger School Slot?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

If it was me, I would select a commo guy over an intel analyst guy, depending on what the commo guy did, giving him more weight if his job tended towards dismounted operations.

Sorry, but an analyst doesn't sound like he'll be going to the field much, thus what is learned in Ranger School - how to lead in the field - not necessarily how to 'be a Ranger' - are more applicable to the man who will be in the field, than one who will be in an intel shop or SCIF.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

good showing, Z-MAN.

keep trucking away and hopefully you'll get where you need to be...TABBED THE FUCK OUT! :twisted:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I didn't think a 96B was elgible for Ranger School unless they were assigned to the 75th. Has the Army changed the MOSs that qualify for Ranger School again ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Personally, if you did that well, I hope they are able to send you. Best of luck.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Yep!
That's what you need.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”