Need help with knots.

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
NBTNDT
Embryo

Need help with knots.

Post by NBTNDT »

First I want to thank all the Rangers on this site for their time and guidance to those of us who are trying to earn a place among your ranks.

My question today is about knots: I suck at them. Is there a resource that has a good illustration of all the knots to ranger standard? I know the Ranger Handbook has pictures but I seem to be too fucking stupid to figure them out.
Is there a resource that has animations of all the knots or a video I can buy?- yes, I am that dumb.

I heard that several knots were tested during RAP, but when I did a search of the forums I read that you only need to learn two. What is the current standard? I want to learn all of them anyway so my first question stands. I would just like to clarify the standard before I go.

Thank you again for your help.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Need help with knots.

Post by Silverback »

Poker Playing LT wrote: I heard that several knots were tested during RAP, but when I did a search of the forums I read that you only need to learn two.
Thank you again for your help.
Knots are NOT tested during RAP week...In the mountains you will be taught everything you need to know!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
NBTNDT
Embryo

Post by NBTNDT »

Thank you Ranger Sobersides, Ranger Silverback, cleared things up nicely.
DLI 89-90, LLVI 107 MI 91-93, MID 1/1 SFG(A) 93-96, 300 MI 97-00, DLI 00-01, 321 MI 01-04, NQ 1/19th SFG(A)

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”