Swimming for RIP...

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
NewRecruit82
USAF Veteran

Swimming for RIP...

Post by NewRecruit82 »

I just watched a very long show this weekend on the Air Force's INDOC training for Pararescue/Combat Contral wannabe's. It was made by National Geographic and it was damn good. The class started out with 68 guys and was down to under 20 in only 4 weeks, and they still had 7 weeks to go in the pipeline! Now my question is how much swimming should a Ranger wannabe train for. The show had these guys swimming in water so much I swear they were turning into dolphins!!! :D They had a 2500m timed swim a month into training. Do the Rangers do this much water prep or no? I can swim at least a few hundred meters and swim underwater somewhat. Anyone comment on this show if they saw it. It was so damn good I'm thinking of buying it.

RLTW!!!
USAF-SP-12th MS/SCOM(93'-97')
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I saw part of the show. It looked pretty good. I never thought the swim test was that hard but I always felt comfortable in water. In my opinion you should be a strong swimmer as you never know what the mission might need but as far as when I was in swimming was not that hard of a task. We had to pass the same swim test every year and very few Rangers had any trouble with it.

The Ranger swim test is no where like they were doing in that show.

A more current Ranger could tell you if the test has gotten any harder.

Ranger2
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

H8 Train wrote:Hey dick why don't you use the search button. That information is on this site. You know how I know that....BECAUSE I POSTED IT JACKASS! :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats my dawg, hey H8 looks like your "EDGE" IS BACK!!!

BOUT TIME MOTHERFUCKER
:twisted: :lol:

Maybe the PATS Brought it out!!! Superbowl bound dawg AND THEY WILL WIN!!! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
NewRecruit82
USAF Veteran

Post by NewRecruit82 »

Thanks Ranger2 and Ranger Tenn-RGR. Thank You especially Ranger H8Train for that swift kick in the ass for being a dick! :shock:
USAF-SP-12th MS/SCOM(93'-97')

Return to “About Army Physical Training”