checking in from airborne school

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Better yet, where's that asshole Cloud? He could be a combat improvised MCLC.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Ranger Holmchicken - I was asking an honest question.... I wanted to know what happens if you get recycled becuase of a small injury at airborne because you have a set RIP date (if you get recycled your going to MISS that date??!??!)........ As far as talking shit, I just said if he missed RIP to have fun in Korea, but it was a joke, hence the "just kidding"!!!

And as far as me being a dumb ass DEP.... Ive got something that I doubt anyone on this site could claim... Ive got two years of mechanical engineering school done at the University of Cincinnati (world-wide recognized engineering school) with a 3.4 GPA!!!

And as far as me being a piece of shit DEP, ever since I signed my opt. 40 contract about 5 months ago, i have been straight BUSTING my ass off. I dont think any other DEP's here can claim being able to run 6 miles in 42 minutes...... and on the last PT test, i got 73 pushups, and 86 sit ups..... AND IVE STILL GOT 4 MONTHS OF TRAINING LEFT UNTILL BASIC!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I didnt want to come of cocky or or a know it all.... i have nothing but respect for Rangers and ALWAYS have....... I just wanted to give Ranger Holmchicken some background information on me, because he obviously thinks I might as well hang myself with a shoestring..... :shock:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Hmmmm.......
Honest question huh? Well first of all, I don't care what education you have from whatever school you go to. You think all the Rangers on this site are a bunch of knuckle dragging, neanderthals who use crayons to write with? You think you're special? I was in college for a year and a half before I joined and guess what? It doesn't make one bit of difference. I left college to get away from know it all assholes like you who the think the world owes them something for studying. You're using your brain. Great. Am I impressed? Not in the least. Maybe If I was on site that catered to those people who have mechanical engineering degrees and those who wanted it, I may look up to you in some very miniscule way. Fat fucking chance that'll ever happen. As for your Korea comment, SHUT THE FUCK UP. You've never been anywhere and yes, you're still a dumb ass, shitbird DEP. Go in the Infantry, tell your NCO that you've got a degree and therefore, you're a smarter person than he thinks and see what happens. I don't care how many push ups or sit ups you can do or how fast you can run. It matters not one iota to me. Not going to sit here and tell you how many this and that I can do, all you need to know is that PT is about 5% of being a Ranger. Any asshole with a weight set can get strong. So in closing, I don't give a fuck about where you go to school, what kind of education you've recieved, your GPA, your ability to do PT, your or thr simple fact that you think I even care about anything you do. Until you become trained to do anything benefical for ths country and the U.S. Army, you're just a non-hacking, air thieving, liability that myself and other NCO's in the Army have to beat into shape to get anything productive out of you. Here's a good tip: Privates (as you soon will be) should be seen and not heard. Got it?
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Bell

Post by Bell »

Just to give you beginners a hint: When ya recycle or get injured, the military has to scramble to cut you new orders. You have a certain date to report to your unit. You get it when you sign the paperwork at MEPS. If you injure yourself or recycle and have to miss training or can't make that report date, you just lost your slot. The military has to scramble and cut you new orders with a new report date. Kinda fucks the system up. You don't notice it because you're concerned with your day to day shit, but there's things going on behind the scenes that would amaze you. They know exactly where you are and where you're going every minute of every day.

RLTW
Bell
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

ImportsRsloths wrote: And as far as me being a dumb ass DEP.... Ive got something that I doubt anyone on this site could claim... Ive got two years of mechanical engineering school done at the University of Cincinnati (world-wide recognized engineering school) with a 3.4 GPA!!!
The first two years of M.E. ain't shit mutherfucker.The last two start getting intense......you derive everthing you use and problems start taking up a whole damn notebook, but you probaly get to do your assignments on a PC .Why do you make the assumption that no one , but you, has a college education in engineering ?
Last edited by Flesh Thorn on October 4th, 2003, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Major Slug wrote:
ImportsRsloths wrote: And as far as me being a dumb ass DEP.... Ive got something that I doubt anyone on this site could claim... Ive got two years of mechanical engineering school done at the University of Cincinnati (world-wide recognized engineering school) with a 3.4 GPA!!!
Why do you make the assumption that no one , but you has a college education in engineering ?
Because that makes him 'more special' than the rest of us. Hahah. This isn't a mechanical engineering website ImportsRSloths, and even if it was, you're only a student, not an ME, so who cares?
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

I did not say or think that no one on this site has a college degree because I've seen quite a few posts since I started coming to this site from people who said they did..........

And i didnt mean that I was the only one that "could" have a degree in mechanical engineering becuase Im sure other people on here have degrees just as hard if not more, I was just explaining to Ranger Holmchicken how I am not as dumb as the average "dumb ass DEP" that i was being called.....

Like I said previously, I have nothing but respect and pride for Rangers... They are the ELITE of infantry..... I am busting my ass off, even reading the Ranger hand book, and am praying to god that I join the ranks of you heros some day in the near future.

And I'll start doing pushups and flutter kicks because as a piece of shit DEP, I'm talking WAY too much..... :(
The Holmchicken
Ranger

All right Oh-So-Educated-One, here's a question that will test your wits:

What is the maximum effective range of an excuse?

I'll be waiting
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Ya know, you shitheads that have been on this board for a while - some even longer than me - that are still in DEP, waiting for your time to come, may actually be shooting yourself in the foot.

By that, I mean, you've been here long enough to think you can get away with running your mouth, even just a little bit. Here, all you get is a miniscule amount of verbal chastising. When you get "down range", or whatever the fuck they're calling it nowadays, you'll get a little more than that.

I had two years of college before I enlisted, and thought I was of at least average intelligence. And guess what my major was? Environmental Engineering. Did it mean anything? Fuck no. If anything, it meant that I was able to score high enough on the ASVAB to TRY to get into the Rangers, but nothing else.

Did that college time help me in Bat.? Fuck no.

Think I'm wrong? Quickly, without doing any research whatsoever, answer to following questions:

1. What is the weight of an M4 with a 30 rd mag loaded with ball ammo?
2. What is the nomenclature of that ball ammo? (if you know what nomenclature is)
3. What about loaded with a 20 rnd mag?
4. What would the weight be if loaded with blank ammo, both for 20 rounders, as well as 30 rndrs? Carefull! Don't forget the blank adaptor. Oh, and what is the nomenclature and the weight of said blank adaptor?
5. Why is it even remotely important to take into account the weight of these objects as it relates to the Ranger's mission?

(I'll stop here. But I can, and have, gone all night asking questions like this.)

Do you fuckheads see what I'm getting at? And yes, things like this are important. I would venture a guess that not one of you slick bolts knows the answers to ALL these questions without researching the answers. That isn't the point. The point is that what you do, or have done, prior to taking that oath the second time doesn't mean shit. Nobody cares.

Now, just imagine I am your team leader, and I have been firing your sorry ass up for the last 30 - 45 minutes just because I fucking can, and it makes me happy. But I get bored, and decide to play a little Ranger Trivia. The rules are simple. I ask the most off the wall, anal retentive question that I can dream up THAT I KNOW THE ANSWER TO. If you get it right, the pain stops. If you get it wrong, you're my bitch, and I tell you the answer, and you just got another 10 minutes added onto your smoke session. We keep this up until your stupid ass gets one right, or I get tired of destroying your sorry ass, or I have to let you go because I have smoked you all night and it is first call and I have to let you get ready for PT (where I'll smoke your cherry ass some more)!!

I had a no shit medical doctor that decided he wanted to be a Ranger. He was some Doogie Howser fucker. Guess how long he lasted in my world (and he wasn't even my private)? Seventeen pathetic days.

If you have decided to TRY to become a Ranger, then to other Rangers you will be a total dipshit until you have made it in Bat. for an unspecified period of time. Period. There are things that are taught there that you can't learn anywhere else.

Rangers understand that. They understand it is their job to teach you all these things that seem petty to you now. The only question is how much smoke will it take to teach it to you (for those that don't quit like a little bitch).

You dickheads need to become human sponges. Sponges soak up everything they come in contact with. They don't "spit anything out". Am I getting through to any of you jackoffs?
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
The Holmchicken
Ranger

With these clowns? No, you're probably not getting thru. We've all tried and they're still off on planet turd. They'll learn in do time though.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Carboned114
Tadpole

Roger..

Post by Carboned114 »

Creeping Death wrote:Am I getting through to any of you jackoffs?
Loud and clear here Ranger Creeping Death. Now as for some of the others... :evil:
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

haha..... should I also tell them "Well, in the Ohio Army National Gaurd, we did it this way.........." :D I hear they love that stuff... :D
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

ImportsRsloths wrote:haha..... should I also tell them "Well, in the Ohio Army National Gaurd, we did it this way.........." :D I hear they love that stuff... :D
Hey Impactedsloth, were you talking to the DEPs or to RANGER Terry Welshan ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About Airborne School”