My Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome.

Touch my shit and I'll kill you.
RSD 96-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Should have had that record sealed when you became an adult. But now that it's out in the open its good you are being upfront about it. There were of course many who have served as Rangers with prior legal entanglements or history that have worked through them and got to where they wanted to be. Although you are expected to not be out breaking the law when you serve as one, there are many who have broken it and got caught before hand.

I look forward to SFC Hit_it's comments regarding your moral waiver and the possibility of getting an option 40. I commend you for the patience to get those 15 units of college credit so you could secure that option 40. That patience will serve you well later, when you, as someone older than 18-19 years old, have to deal with some juvenile behaviour on the part of your fellow trainees in Basic and AIT.

Welcome to the site.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Good job on the turn around and doing what it takes to get where you really want to be. Don't let anything get in your way or de-rail you from your best goals. Read and re-read the excellent advice from Ranger Spartan and others, and make it come alive in your life.

Press on!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Welcome to the site.
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site. You're doing the right thing by going for the schooling. That tells me something right there. Hope you get it.

RLTW
Bell
Planned Panic
Soldier

Post by Planned Panic »

Welcome PM sent
"If you're going through hell.. keep going"-Winston Churchill.

4/25th, 1/40 Cav-2005-present
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

Welcome to the site! Keep up that mind set and you will go far! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome. You have already gotten good advice from those who spoke. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

welome and good luck
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: My Intro

Post by hit_it »

Darkness wrote:Hello My name is Mick, i'm 21 and live in Colorado. Ive been working on Enlisting for about a year now. I have a little bit of a past as a juvenile and this has been kind of an opstacle for myself and my recruiter to get around. i only have my GED, and with my juvenile record it makes it hard to enlist. I have taken my licks and have carryed myself along way from when i was 16. I have taken the asvab and been through mepps. I had a ship date to leave for basic in april of 04 but when the FBI check came back a petty theft charge popped up that i got at 14. I wasnt trying to hide it, it just was something i had really forgot about. My recruiter said i could re-apply in 6 months but that i would need 15 credits of college. So i signed up for school and start in January. My last day is sometime in May and i hope to leave soon after that. I appreciate the advice that ya'll have and had a question that i hope you Rangers may be able to answer. I want to get an option 40 on my contract but due to me being a moral waiver i hear that that isnt possible. So my question is can i still request airborne and RIP while i am going through basic?? I am not looking for any sign on bonus or anything. I would just like the opportunity to reach my goals of serving my country in the regiment. Thank you for the advice.

Mick
Easy fix but not too easy. you were a positive match. here's the short and stupid:

you will need to get the juvenile records and disposition yourself. get it to the recruiter.

get from the recruiter 3 DD form 370 reference letters. get them filled out per his instruction.

type a formal letter stating what happened to cause you to be a fraud enlistment the first time. explain you were a dumbass and forgot. you have been rehabbed by maturity and now walk on water. dress it up a little more than I did.

get ready to be interviewed by the BN commander. if you live close enough to do this in person, DRESS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME FUCKING SENSE. if not be courteous and show proper respect on the telephone.

enroll in classes and get proof you are in classes and when you will finish with exact date and provide it to the recruiter. this will make you equal to a HS Senior. thus eligible for an OPT 40.

be patient. the recruiter will call you when it's time to return to MEPS.

* YOU MIGHT BE THE FIRST PERSON I ACTUALLY SAY THIS TO, BUT IF YOU CAN'T GET AN OPTION 40 RIGHT OFF, YOU NEED TO TAKE AIRBORNE. THE ARMY WILL TURN IT'S BACK ON YOU SHOULD YOU ACT A FOOL AT MEPS.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

This man has to be the best fuckin' recruiter in the Army!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Introduction Archive”