im new here and looking forward to being a ranger

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

PFCmills
Egg

im new here and looking forward to being a ranger

Post by PFCmills »

hello im pfc mills at the moment im just a dep but looking forward 2 being a ranger but i was wondering what i have 2 do 2 become an army rangercan any i help with that info?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hmmmm... you can probably start by practicing cleaning shitters cause you're going to have to clean about 850 before anyone even thinks about allowing you the priviledge of being assigned to a Ranger Bn. And you'll probably have to buff about 300 square acres of hallway and barracks flooring, do about 350,000 pushups, run 612 miles, carry a heavy rucksack about 325 miles, etc.....

Are you really sure that's what you want to do? If so, you may want to ask Ranger Bell about his top secret, and highly coveted 'Ranger Instruction Pack'. But be nice to him. The last kid who asked about it was hospitalized, but I think he's about ready to finish his physical therapy soon.

Good luck.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Man, I'm not even touching this one...

PFC...WTF!? Back when I was in the Army, you had to earn your rank....must stand for 'Pretty Fucking Cherry'.
Have fun asking stupid questions on this site; you'll become popular faster than you got your rank...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Here's the uniform they currently offer the RangerCans:

Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

See what I mean, Mills? It's a good thing you didn't make the classic cherry mistake and put something stupid in every section.

But look on the bright side; you've been the catalyst for the high-quality humor that has turned my frown upside down... :( :lol:
Bell

Post by Bell »

I ain't saying a word. Laughing too hard. Where do these guys come from and what are they thinking when they get here? Don't these kids realize that all the "Rangers" on this board are grown men and have done everything the little fuck has dreamed about? Jeeeezus. Somedays.

RLTW
Bell
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Another cup of sarcasm?
Damn it, that was a good one. I think part of my sandwich came out my nose I was laughing so hard. Is there any way that someone can collect all the really stupid posts, along with the replies, and put them together under their own seperate section? That alone would be hours of entertainment.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
nmuts02
Embryo

Post by nmuts02 »

I was given the rank of E-3 in my contract because of college credits, is this frowned upon as a cheap way to get rank?

---And I refuse to call myself a Pfc, in my opinion (as meager as it may be) you still have to pass basic to be called a private first class, not sign a contract. I am a DEP, not Pfc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***Moved to the appropriate Forum***

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
typeA
Tadpole

Post by typeA »

nmuts02 wrote:I was given the rank of E-3 in my contract because of college credits, is this frowned upon as a cheap way to get rank?

---And I refuse to call myself a Pfc, in my opinion (as meager as it may be) you still have to pass basic to be called a private first class, not sign a contract. I am a DEP, not Pfc.
Anyone can earn an E-3 before they leave. All that is required is referring someone who signs, and completing the checklist. So I doubt it makes much difference if you are an E-2 or E-3.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”