What is evaluated at RS? Those Batt boys are lucky!

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Remember laying your chin on the top of the 60 in the prone?That motherfucker felt like a waterbed!
, yeah it did, lol Reeeal comfy like...........and Warm tooo :twisted: You weren't the RI that asked me where the fuck everybody was were you? :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Unless he ended the sentence with "you fucking 'orrible little man you!"
then it wasn't me.
Had a similar run in with one of my RIs.
I had just put in a huge dip and got down behind the 60 and my cheek just sort of welded to the fuckin' feed tray lid.Anyway, I blinked...honest, next thing I know there's an RI welded to my other fuckin' cheek inquiring
as to my overall welfare and, not unkindly, illustrating sincere concern as to whether or not I would rather forgo the days' festivities and perhaps...go back to sleep?
I declined his cordial invitation and tried to say that I had just put in a dip and gottenintheproneandIwasn'tasleepsgtnotmecouldnabinmehonestIhaven'tevenfuckin'blinkedsincewegothereand...you know how Ranger is.
The RI said "Yeah?Look down motherfucker!"
I did.
All down my chin, down the front of my BDU, and absolutely fuckin'painting the feed tray cover was a river of snot,spit and copenhagen.It was fucking disgusting.In any other environment I would have been ashamed of myself.I just kept thinking "but...I just fuckin' blinked..."
I signed my major minus from the feet elevated position and promptly low-crawled my way back to the patrol (goddam buddy fuckers!).
Ahhh...the memories.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
se7en
Embryo

Post by se7en »

Ranger Ranger2,
In regards to your statement about West Pointers:

How do they usually do in the course? I can’t decide if your comment was meant to imply that they are jacked up, or that they are reasonably prepared for Ranger School.

Respectfully,

A Stupid Plebe
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Stupid Plebe,

Any NCO can always spot a West Pointer. No disrespect intended. (well at least not much.) It usually starts with a "my shit don't stink" attitude. A good Plattoon SGT can usually square them away before they make 1LT if the 2LT cares to listen to him.

Glenn.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Glenn, MSG Ret. wrote:Stupid Plebe,

Any NCO can always spot a West Pointer. No disrespect intended. (well at least not much.) It usually starts with a "my shit don't stink" attitude. A good Plattoon SGT can usually square them away before they make 1LT if the 2LT cares to listen to him.

Glenn.
Actually when it comes to Platoon Leaders, I usually ensure they listen!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”