pray for war

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bell

Post by Bell »

No shit. A real hollywood screen writer? Tell ya what. The forums are open for public viewing so run around in here all ya want. Lots of good stuff here. Another good spot to snoop around in is www.socnetcentral.com. If ya go over there go to the Ranger forum and ask for Ranger Hazen.

This could be interesting.

Oh, good luck in your research.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

i am a screenwriter currently working on a spec movie for the william morris agency. the film concerns a team of 12 Rangers who discover an indigenous, horrific life-form while on a mission in the middle-east.
Yeah, no Shit. Sounds like shades of 'Predator does the Desert' already. How do your fictional Rangers get to the desert and what was their original mission?
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

Indigenous horrific life-form? What do you mean by that?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

RafterMan wrote:Indigenous horrific life-form? What do you mean by that?
Probably means a bunch of snotty nosed kids who invade an Internet Forum about Rangers and ask stupid questions until well after the sun goes down and then rises early to start fresh. Ooops, my bad, easy pickin's.

Do Pushups Rafterman.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Find a dictionary Rafter. Didn't ya go to school? Ya gotta know how to read and write to be able to produce a comprehensible operation order. Look that one up too. hahahaha.

RLTW
Bell
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

:lol:

What I meant was, was he talking about something like a zombie or something? Because that would be an extremely stupid plot.
VEGA175

Post by VEGA175 »

"indigenous, horrific life-form"

The real W.M.D.

Women of mass disgust.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

RafterMan wrote::lol:

What I meant was, was he talking about something like a zombie or something? Because that would be an extremely stupid plot.
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I was NOT thinking. A Zombie. How NOT coincidental. I mean Zombies certainly qualify as an Indigenous horrific life-form, right? I mean what would you do to whip a zombie's ass, besides, uh, not waking them up? Pretty Whorific Imagination you have there Rafterboy.

Do Pushups!
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Spider, just a word of advice: DON'T FUCK THIS UP. It has a very sci-fi sound to it already; so if you're gonna geek-it-up, I'd advise you to use the SEALs or maybe the Air Force....
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

SEALs, definately SEALs...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

spider wrote:pnev- the Rangers in the story HALO from an mc-c130h into an ancient Syrian castle. i realize (guessing, actually) that we're not doing anything in Syria now, but this is one episode in a trilogy that spans 900 years and it must take place in Syria to make everything snap together. this brings me to a question- do you make HALO jumps over 30,000 ft & use 130's for this? and what altitude to you pull ripcords? also, do Rangers do covert missions that supposedly don't exist?

the original mission (i code named it Liquid Hammer) is that some T's (terrorists) are hiding out in this castle, who are transporting intel regarding their arms connections. the Rangers are after the intel, which is on a set of cd-roms. so they take out the T's and grab the intel
While the skill set to do this exists in the Ranger Regiment, this would not be a mission profile that they would be tasked with. There are other SOF who would be more likely to do this, if something this audacious were to even ever be drawn up. SOF tend to try and do things in a more simple manner. It would be more likely to get onto the ground, move towards the target and infiltrate/access it from the ground, unless penetrating it from the air were the only option. That would be an issue for the set construction I would think - if your forces are going to HALO in, you can't very well have people entering or exiting the castle, otherwise, using HALO to infiltrate it could have been a stupid, risky and unnecessary stunt.

Any rate - may want to rethink the 'Ranger' aspect of it as this mission is not something you'd find them doing anyway.

What you really need to do is hire a military technical consultant, something it appears you're trying to do on the cheap by talking to us. Hire Eric Haney or someone else who has the credentials of YEARS of service in the Rangers and/or Delta - I'm sure he'd steer you in the right direction - and at the least, read his book.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

spider wrote:thanks for the intial help.
Well, don't automatically rule out any other help you could get here. I'm not the only one on the board.

Return to “Introduction Archive”