Ivory Gates update 2

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Ivory Gates
Tadpole

Ivory Gates update 2

Post by Ivory Gates »

I graduated the 5th of November from C 2/58 and I just finished up ground week here at Airborne. Aside from getting pneumonia near the end of OSUT which fucked me up pretty good for a while, everything is going well. Airborne is pretty cool, there is still bullshit but much less than at Sand Hill, but I get to have weekends off and I'll be making my first jump the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend so I'm happy. Airborne has really weeded out a lot of the shitbags who came over from ITB, which really surprises me since it is not that tough, but nearly 90 people were dropped for failing the pt test, and a good number were guys who had just passed it back in OSUT, but now the group that is left with me from basic is pretty good, all of us are motivated and working to get where we want to be. My class is scheduled to graduate on December 3rd, and all of us going to RIP have been hearing rumors that our RIP class will start on January 15th, but that's just a rumor. I'll post future updates as they become available.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Congratulations! Keep up the great work! :D
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Take a photo while you are descending during your first jump! That would be legendary! But if you break a leg, it wasn't my suggestion. :lol:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Airborne all the way! Congrats on making it to the 2nd Level! Keep up the momentum. The free weekends are a great reward, but use common sense: it's not worth blowing your shot at wearing the Tan Beret, by getting arrested for DWI or Assault. Keep up the good work!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

The program is moving right along. You're doing good. Just a few more weeks and you too can be a Ranger. I like what I see so far. Now, show me what ya got.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Letters from School”