you all must be some healthy mofo's

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
ChipOnShoulder

you all must be some healthy mofo's

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

No bitches, gripes or complaints lately!!

Wish I had it this good in Batt.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Well, I've had the crud for a solid week now.....but bitchin' about it won't make it go away. :?
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

My shit apparently can't be fixed, at least that's what the doc's say, so I bitch about it as little as possible.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Earth Pig

Drown it out with oj and water 1/2 and 1/2 + lots of tylenol, lots of vitamins and quit eating worms :lol:

Oh, and lay off the sauce for a while if you drink like I do!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

How about mine Doc? drink a 6 pack and watch a fuck flick and call ya in the morning? 8)
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Two mornings ago, I awoke with a painful full blown headache. I hadn't had any alchol for at least 3 days previous to that (I indulge/drink from time to time but not generally every day). My solution was easy, I immediately took two acetamophen extra-strength 500 mg easy to swallow gel-caps. after a period of trying not to think about this headache and doing morning chores the headache subsided and did not return since. I have awoken recently(before this episode 2 times) with lighter headaches in the last two weeks. It had been more than two years before that I have awoken with a headache. The only item different in my apartment is that the heat has been turned on. It is not a hot heat but instead a modest heat.

So I know it is not usual to awake with a headache as I have one only as a rarity. Is there an underlying factor for getting these headaches?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Steadfast wrote:The only item different in my apartment is that the heat has been turned on. It is not a hot heat but instead a modest heat.
SF-
if you have a gas furnace, I would say there's a good chance you have a gas leak. That would account for the headache/heater connection. Oh....and don't look for the leak with a lighter! :shock:

Thanks, Doc, but I've been doing that already....the only subtitution being grapefruit juice for OJ. I might have to bust out with my remaining Indian Tea. I hate to use it up, as I save it for when the kids get sick. Good stuff!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Bet you regret writing this topic Doc. :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:
Steadfast wrote:The only item different in my apartment is that the heat has been turned on. It is not a hot heat but instead a modest heat.
SF-
if you have a gas furnace, I would say there's a good chance you have a gas leak. That would account for the headache/heater connection. Oh....and don't look for the leak with a lighter! :shock:

Thanks, Doc, but I've been doing that already....the only subtitution being grapefruit juice for OJ. I might have to bust out with my remaining Indian Tea. I hate to use it up, as I save it for when the kids get sick. Good stuff!

RLTW
EP
EP, my apartment is one of 64 in Garden Apartment (2 floor complex) The heat is piped in from another location. One heater for all apartments. Oil is the heat source but it is steam heat.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ripcord
Tadpole

Post by Ripcord »

When i get up in the morning if something don't hurt ,then i worry
A/2-501 Anb Inf 101st Abn
RVN 1970/1971 Northern I Corps
If You Have Not Made Out A Will Do So now ,SSG H Breifing new Troopers In Viet-Nam
Wakan Tanka Nici Un
Ripcord , Drive on
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ripcord wrote:When i get up in the morning if something don't hurt ,then i worry

I got it figured out Ripcord. If I awake and there isn't any weather, then I am dead. :shock:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Headaches can come from a variety of places. They could be alergies, tension, dehydration, dental in nature or just the plain flu. If you are really sensitive to light or you think you are going to literally die while have one and they are chronic, go see a doctor. Migraines, bad teeth and just about everything just short of a brain tumor can be remedied with better living through chemistry.

Happy Rangering, 8)

Doc
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Doc,

I'm concerned that Mrs. Mind Riot may be having an allergic reaction to alcohol. Every time she drinks she turns into a sex-crazed teenager and makes me service her for 2-3 hours when the toxic effects of whatever i gave her seem to wear off. While my efforts keep me in great shape for my age, i am afraid that i may break her hips as she demands that i be forceful with her.

Stuck in the house with a cabinet full of tequila.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Rgr_MindRiot wrote:Doc,

I'm concerned that Mrs. Mind Riot may be having an allergic reaction to alcohol. Every time she drinks she turns into a sex-crazed teenager and makes me service her for 2-3 hours when the toxic effects of whatever i gave her seem to wear off. While my efforts keep me in great shape for my age, i am afraid that i may break her hips as she demands that i be forceful with her.

Stuck in the house with a cabinet full of tequila.

:twisted: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Medical Issues”