Gulf War Study Returned, NEW REVIEWS!!!

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

VAK
USAF Veteran

Gulf War Study Returned, NEW REVIEWS!!!

Post by VAK »

November 12, 2004

Panel: More Gulf War Illness research needed

By Suzanne Gamboa
Associated Press

A federal panel that has spent two years reviewing studies of Gulf War illnesses recommends focusing future research on the effects of the toxic substances that veterans encountered during the 1991 conflict.
That conclusion differs from the findings of a Clinton administration panel that determined that stress was the cause of the mysterious ailments afflicting thousands of Gulf War veterans.

The Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Illness said scientists are closing in on a treatment but need more government help. The committee suggested spending $60 million over the next four years to monitor and research the health of veterans and their children.

The Associated Press obtained a copy of the report Thursday, in advance of its expected release Friday by Veterans Affairs Secretary Anthony Principi.

The review committee that Principi formed concluded that “the goal of understanding and treating Gulf War veterans’ illnesses is within reachâ€
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good artile USATAC-P. Gotta thank Ross Perot too! Thank GOD foor Americans like Ross & Jim.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Gulf War Study Returned, NEW REVIEWS!!!

Post by centermass »

Pardon my bump, but this is the first time I've read this:
usaftacp wrote:November 12, 2004

Panel: More Gulf War Illness research needed

Principi’s panel found that more recent studies suggest the veterans’ illnesses are neurological and apparently are linked to exposure to neurotoxins such as the nerve gas sarin, the anti-nerve gas drug pyridostigmine bromide and pesticides that affect the nervous system
I took the stuff (PB pills) twice a day, everyday, for 4 months straight when one day, we were told to stop taking them completely, with no reason given and no answer as to why.

Fucking figures.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Post Service Issues”