Any Suggestions?

Basic & AIT
NewRecruit
Egg

Any Suggestions?

Post by NewRecruit »

Hey all. I just signed up for Airborne Ranger yesterday. Next week I am goin to start what i consider my self training. I have quit smoking and drinking Soda. On monday i will begin running 3 miles a day and goin to the gym on a dailey basis. I have always wanted to be an Army Ranger and look up to you gentlemen that are or are goin through the training. I would like any suggestions on to better perpare myself for my ship date in August. I figure if i start now i can get a jump on the other recruits. Thank you for any helpful suggestions
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

The search button is your friend.
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

I got one. Why don't you take your ass over to the intro section and make a proper one. Also....why don't you inconvenience yourself by reading through our FAQ's.

How do I know you haven't already done this????

Well, you wouldn't have posted anything without first making an introduction if you had read them. Also, you just joined the site today...so you haven't been lurking long.

There is an assload of good information that can be attained by using this site, but you need to keep your fingers still.....and your eyes wide open.

Another suggestion......purchase a "Hooked on Phonics," your spelling sucks.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

PM inbound!

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

NewRecruit, I hope the reason you haven't posted an intro yet is because you've been busy writing up a good one.

Ranger Dublo was not suggesting you post one.
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
Bell

Post by Bell »

Hey! New Recruit!! Just what the hell......Oh, already taken care of. Thanks Ranger Dublo.

Ya wanna be a Ranger? Then start acting like one. We got rules on this board. Read em.

RLTW
Bell
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Yea make sure you check your PM's. I'm sure more than a couple are inbound. Also make sure you get back to me or NoahH on your ship date.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

damn, that was quick.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Id say the biggest single knock out event was the pushups in the PT test. So do lots of triceps, shoulders, and chest at the gym while doing pushups all day long as well.

Then run alot. Do sprints, long distance, 2 milers, etc. For example my squad has done a 10 mile run one day for the last 4 weeks. We do it in about 1hr 10 min but thats about as crazy as the running gets in Batt. at least from what ive seen.

The other thing that could give you trouble is road marching. Get some boots and a back pack and practice walking up and down hills while increasing weight / time.
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Dublo wrote:I got one. Why don't you take your ass over to the intro section and make a proper one. Also....why don't you inconvenience yourself by reading through our FAQ's.

How do I know you haven't already done this????

Well, you wouldn't have posted anything without first making an introduction if you had read them. Also, you just joined the site today...so you haven't been lurking long.

There is an assload of good information that can be attained by using this site, but you need to keep your fingers still.....and your eyes wide open.

Another suggestion......purchase a "Hooked on Phonics," your spelling sucks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You kill me, Ranger.... :lol: :lol: :lol: My wife read what you wrote and said "but he seemed like such a nice young man".... :lol: :lol: She said the same shit after we were married...
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

She's got me pegged.....I really am a nice guy......I just hate civilians, posers, Deps, women, cats, people that aren't Rangers............Wow, I guess I really am a hateful fucker. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I hope your family had a great Thanksgiving.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Bazooka Breath
Ranger

Post by Bazooka Breath »

PM sent
Bars
2nd plt., A co., 2nd/75th

"Eyes Open, Mouth Shut, Fucking Go For It, Never Quit, Ranger!!!!!!"
Bell

Post by Bell »

Bazooka Breath wrote:PM sent
You look at the dates?

RLTW
Bell
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Bell wrote:
Bazooka Breath wrote:PM sent
You look at the dates?

RLTW
Bell
DOH!! :lol: :lol:
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

way to be on it knuckle nuts :roll:
Last edited by rgrpuck on February 17th, 2005, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “About OSUT”