Introduction - Blake

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction - Blake

Post by BlueLiner »

Blake,

While it is ok to think about your future, and the "what ifs", do not get hemmed up about them. If this is something that you truly want to do, then commit to the door and do it.

Your next task is to research the MOS's that Regiment offers, pick 3 interesting ones and let us know which ones they are.

Also, I want you to run an RFT. Hand release pushups, plank, 5 mile run, and chinups.

Looking forward to your reply, and don't quit.
RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
blakebishop2007
Embryo

Post by blakebishop2007 »

Roger, Ranger BlueLiner

11B- Infantryman
68W- Combat Medic
35L- Counterintelligence Agent

11B: Infantry is my focus. The missions 11B's do in regiment is what I want to do, I believe that these missions are the only things that could satisfy me in life. I hate desks. I won't be a civilian.

68W: Combat Medics have been something I've considered, I like the idea of being at the action and helping brothers who have been injured. Though it isn't the same action as Infantry. I'm looking for Infantry.

35L: Counterintelligence Agents sounded interesting, although I would not do it. I hate desks. Conducting investigations and identifying international terrorist threats seems interesting, but I'm not here to sit at a desk all day to plan something, I'm here to do the something.

Hand Release Pushups- 40 in 2 minutes
Plank- 3 minutes
Chinups- 9
5 Mile- 45:16

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I did not like other attempts. Starting 2 weeks ago, I f'd my health up. Piss is black-orange, other things, but I'm going at it

Dunno what's happened, but I'm glad it's happened now. This is how I'm going to feel during RASP, and for a lot of my time in Regiment, if not way worse. I'm glad I'm training to push through this crap. I live for this shit
blakebishop2007
Embryo

Rangers, just did a 12 mile run for the first time. Completed it under my goal of 2hrs 30mins, with a 2h24m. I did better than I thought I would but I can still do better

This was without weight. I need to be able to do a 2h30m with a rucksack
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Blake, post SITREP.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
blakebishop2007
Embryo

Roger, Ranger BlueLiner

Am changing some things that I have been in for a while. Have seen friends for the first time in 6 months and am now hanging out regularly. I actually like to be social and was pretty popular when I used to talk to people - but I just don't know what I fucked with the last 13 months. Have made that different now. I can't be an Army Ranger if I am too fucked up. What I did made me strong but its not good for me.

Have also been working on getting better balance instead of doing only 1 thing 100% of the time. Have made a workout plan that I can do at home and balance with school, although have missed a lot of days. There's no excuses for that, I just gotta do it since I have time. I have made some pretty decent changes right now, and have made really a lot over 2.5 years since wanting to be a Ranger.

The thought that I could be an Army Ranger has kept me hope for life and has had me bettering myself trying to become something good.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”