Introduction - Sebastian

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
noms275
Ranger

Introduction - Sebastian

Post by noms275 »

Gentlemen,

I started my journey to Regiment back in 2007 coming to this forum for mentorship and guidance as I prepared to enlist. I picked up my 11x Opt 40 in late 2007 and shipped to basic in January 2008. I graduated RIP in August 2008 and was off to 2/75. Spent my first year in HHC, got my tab in August 2009, and then was assigned to D Co. serving as a rifleman, automatic rifleman, and team leader (2x OIF 2x OEF). I separated from the Army in May 2012.

After my ETS I had no plan. I completed college before my enlistment, but didn't want to pursue a civilian career in my field of study - Criminology. Thanks to HireHeroes USA I was able to speak to a consultant and update my resume to be "civilian-employer-friendly" and post that resume to their job board. After a period of some months I was contacted by an advertising and marketing agency; a field where I had absolutely zero qualification or experience. Long story short- I've been working at this agency for nearly seven years and have worked my way to a Management Director position. My Ranger experience has no doubt enabled me to follow a successful path in advertising.

My entry into Regiment and transition into civilian sector are what brings me back to the forum today. Looking back, over a decade ago, I found a great deal of value in reading the various threads about RIP, Ranger School, and life in Regiment. I was mentored by Ranger Bill who set me up with a PT program and a couple of books to read that prepared me (physically and mentally) for each step in my initial entry training and beyond. Today I can look at my civilian career and attribute my growth and performance to the skills I learned and honed under the leadership and mentorship of the NCOs and officers in my platoon. I'm coming here now to hopefully pay all of that forward.

I aim to provide mentorship those seeking to earn a place in Regiment. I also want to be a resource to Rangers who have decided to transition out of the Army. I know that process can be difficult at times and I want to lend whatever help I can to Rangers as they find a new path that will be fulfilling, challenging, and allow them to support themselves and their families for the rest of their lives.

RLTW,
Sebastian
D Co. 2/75
AUG 2008 - MAY 2012
RIP Class 09-08
Ranger School Class 09-09

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Introduction - Sebastian

Post by centermass »

Welcome to the site.

PM inbound.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Sebastian

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Sebastian.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”