Heart of A Ranger

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

wazzle
Ranger Parent/Moderator

Heart of A Ranger

Post by wazzle »

I did some searching and did not find any posts about this book about Ben Kopp, written by Bill Lunn. Has anyone read this?
This book and The Reaper by Nicholas Irving both cover the same battle that Ben was shot and later passed away. I attempted to add a photo of the book cover but it didn't seem to work.
Proud father of two 3/75 Rangers (Both have served, raising a family, working and going to school)
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." Ronald Reagan

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Heart of A Ranger

Post by Disinfertention »

I have not read it but I have a weird rule about reading GWOT non-fiction.

The Reaper is on our OPT40/New Ranger reading list. I don't think anyone has recommended Heart of A Ranger.
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09 - 04

wazzle
Ranger Parent/Moderator

Re: Heart of A Ranger

Post by wazzle »

If I recall, chapter 5 or 6 in The Reaper covers that time when Ben Kopp was shot. I found out something after reading that book that really shook me up. Then, reading Heart of a Ranger, which was much more detailed, I was totally shocked. I have purchased 6 copies of that book for my boys and my siblings.
Proud father of two 3/75 Rangers (Both have served, raising a family, working and going to school)
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." Ronald Reagan

Return to “The Mosh Pit”