Introduction-Josh

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

20janderson
Egg

Introduction-Josh

Post by 20janderson » June 26th, 2019, 8:21 am

Hello Rangers, my name is Josh, I am now a high school senior (Class of '20) who is currently 16 but will be turning 17 next week. I currently work at a Tex/Mex Restaurant as a busser and dishwasher, and have been contemplating joining the Army for awhile. I have decided to join the Army, specifically the Ranger Regiment and I am looking for information regarding primarily jobs and life in Regiment from those who have "been there, done that." I am in the process of submitting my paperwork to MEPS and choosing a MOS, and I look forward to speaking with the Rangers on this forum. Thank you for you time and thank you all for your service!

P.S., I set up my profile via the instructions posted on the forum to the best of my ability, if there is anything wrong with it please let me know and I will fix it accordingly

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction-Josh

Post by Disinfertention » June 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Hey Josh,

If you have a desire to learn there is quite a bit of information on the site for you to leverage. Take advantage of it and the search button. Nothing wrong with asking questions but it is always better to ask an informed one instead of a repeat... Make sure you read the stickies and pinned posts before doing anything else.

Sounds like you have already spoken to a recruiter. Any idea of what job you'd like to do yet?

Do you play any sports? How is your fitness level? Research how to conduct an APFT and give one to yourself to assess your current fitness and post the scores back here. You can reply first and get to it in your spare time.

I worked in a few restaurants growing up. It's good work and makes you appreciate the dirtier jobs in life I guess.
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09 - 04

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Josh

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV » June 29th, 2019, 4:14 am

Welcome to the site, Josh.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium