Introduction - Jeff

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Jeff

Post by Jim »

Jeff, Thanks for the continued updates on your healing and fitness progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jj5
Embryo

Post by jj5 »

SITREP - 20170609

Rangers,

This past Wednesday I had arthroscopic knee surgery. The doc said the surgery went well and that he didn't have to insert any metal pins or screws which is really good. I've been pretty out of it the past couple of days because of pain meds but I just wanted to let you guys know how my surgery went and to thank you guys for your continued support. My follow up appointment is in a week and a half and after that I'll know what my recovery plan is. I have to wear a knee brace for 2 months and I'm positive I will be doing physical therapy soon. I hope my knee heals correctly and I can't wait to start training again. Thanks again and I will keep all of you guys updated.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

The physical therapy and recovery period is by far the most important. Don't skip on any of it. Glad the surgery went well.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
jj5
Embryo

Post by jj5 »

Disinfertention wrote: June 11th, 2017, 8:16 pm The physical therapy and recovery period is by far the most important. Don't skip on any of it. Glad the surgery went well.
Roger that Ranger Disinfertention, thank you.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jeff, continue to follow Doctor's orders and continue to heal. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jj5
Embryo

Post by jj5 »

Long overdue SITREP - 20170618

Rangers,

I just got back from my 6-week post op appointment and my doc said I'm recovering well so far and that I'm right on schedule. I don't need to use crutches anymore and I'm able to now bend my knee to approximately 30 degrees of flexion. I have also been cleared to start swimming again. I plan on getting in the pool very soon. My doc said to walk laps upstream in the lazy river and start swimming using the freestyle stroke which I am familiar with.

I have also been cleared to start doing straight leg lifts with light resistance, isometric exercises, and maybe the elliptical. I also can start increasing the range of motion in my knee to whatever I can tolerate on my own. I have some pretty bad muscle atrophy on the leg that got operated on. That quote "If you don't use it, you lose it." is true. After having my leg locked in full extension for 6 weeks my right leg looks like a damn twig compared to my left leg but I should be able to gain my muscle back pretty quickly. In 4 weeks I will be allowed to start knee flexion with a light load and then increase the load and flexion as I get stronger. I go back to the doc in 6 weeks for another check up and I will be 100% probably sometime this fall. I go to Physical Therapy once a week and I do PT exercises everyday at home.

As I have been recovering I bought a land navigation book and the Ranger Athlete Warrior PT book which I am starting to dig in to. I have also read both of Nick Irving's books "The Reaper", and "Way of the Reaper". Lastly, I have read "A Night in the Pech Valley" two times, "Sua Sponte" two times, and "Violence of Action". I'm currently reading through "Violence of Action" again. I recommend those books to everyone on this site. I'm motivated to get back to 100% ASAP and I'm excited to start my journey to become a Ranger.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”