Introduction - Ambrose26

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ambrose26
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction - Ambrose26

Post by Ambrose26 »

Sitrep 2017/05/03

PT
Push ups 69
sit ups 70
Run 14:17
Chin ups 14

I am noticing that I am able to run better, and that I am doing better at running distance. My speed needs improvement and I am going to incorporate sprints to try and increase the rate at which my body flushes lactic acid. I am also using a wobble board to strengthen my wrists, ankles, and knees, so that I am less likely to get sprains or joint pain. I feel that this included with yoga for increased flexibility will help prevent common injuries.
13f Opt. 40
Ship Date: 2017/08/01
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ambrose, get to work on your task-list. You will be shipping soon enough. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ambrose26
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ambrose26 »

Ranger Jim,

Yesterday was my last day of Highschool, and I will no longer have any homework or finals to distract me from completing my task-list. I have been slacking, and now that I have time I will be more consistent with my updates, and I will also be more active in the thread. I will strive to meet the standard that is expected by all mentees on this forum, and I apologize for you needing to check up on me and waste your time reminding me to work on my task-list.

-Dylan
13f Opt. 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dylan, Looking forward to seeing you progress in the next month or so before you ship.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

You are also part of my map class, yes ? You are in a bit of dangerous gap between graduating high school and shipping out in August. Lots of time to fuck up or get distracted by beer, pussy or beer (not in that order.) Keep your head on a swivel, plenty of time for fun and games in your future.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Ambrose26
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ambrose26 »

IntelToad wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 4:58 pm You are also part of my map class, yes ? You are in a bit of dangerous gap between graduating high school and shipping out in August. Lots of time to fuck up or get distracted by beer, pussy or beer (not in that order.) Keep your head on a swivel, plenty of time for fun and games in your future.
Roger, Ranger IntelToad.

I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about. In my life I have never gone to a party, and I have never gotten drunk. Personally I see no point in it. During my summers I work with my father cutting down trees, and during my free time I workout or relax at home. I have found that I am respected more for honesty and integrity than I am for conforming and drinking while underage. I also broke up with my girlfriend, and don't bother with women, because I feel as though they are not a necessity to my goals. I realize that being a Ranger requires more from me and that sacrifices from one's daily life must be made. I am more than willing to sacrifice my personal life, and own enjoyment so that I can help others as much as possible. I guess it is my own way of shouldering more than my share of the task. I will not jeopardize my chance at being a Ranger, and I will not waste my contract. I didn't sign up to be a Ranger to inflate my ego or to benefit myself in any way. I picked this path because I love my country, and I can' stand to see innocent people hurt, no matter who they are, and I will be damned if I let some stupid ass childish impulse prevent me from helping those who are in harm's way. You have my word that I will keep myself squared away, and that I will not falter from my goal no matter the temptations.

-Dylan
13f Opt. 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dylan, you have fewer than 60 days until you ship. Keep working on your task-list as well land navigation. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”