Introduction: Woody18

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Woody18
Embryo

Re: Introduction: Woody18

Post by Woody18 »

Rangers,

Quick update - I met with the former Ranger who lives in my area this past week. We discussed a lot about RASP (RIP when he when through) and the best way to prepare for the challenges that lie within. He also gave me advice based on what he thought would be my biggest challenges throughout the process and where I could work best in improving. One point that he touched on that I found really poignant was this: He explained that during RASP and a career in the military, there will be guys who one moment seem as though they can not understand something that comes basic to you, and the next moment will realize, discover, or do something that neither you or anyone else around you seems to pick up on. Essentially, what I believe he was trying to tell me was that, 1. You're never as smart or as good as you think you are; always be open to learning from those around you, and 2. Don’t underestimate anyone.

Our lunch lasted just under 90 minutes, but I learned more in that short period of time then I have in years. I learned just how valuable it is to meet people with experience where they can offer advice that is specific to you and how what you are currently doing can be altered to better results.

Following our meeting, I wrote down in a notebook 10 points that were my biggest takeaways and things to keep in mind that he discussed with me. These are things I can continue to look back on as I train, and throughout the process to RASP.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Brady, have you read the letters from school thread? It contains a lot of the latest input from our mentees who are recent graduates from RASP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Woody18
Embryo

Post by Woody18 »

Roger, Ranger Jim. I had begun reading some letters and will continue going through/reading more of them.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”