Introduction Fr88tz

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Introduction Fr88tz

Post by Fr88tz »

Hello and greetings to all my name is fritz. I have read a few of the post in this group, and decided to join since it is full of information that i know i can grow from, and also being in the presence of others who can help me towards my endeavors and dreams, and also being around others who are passionate and motivated individuals is always a plus for me.

I am 27 years old, and am so grateful for the chance to join and serve my country as a soldier, to me that is something i consider to be of high honor. I have signed my contract and will be leaving in three months as 11x. I was not able to get an op40. Or an 04 contract like so many others before me, though ive tried.

I am at least grateful for the mos of 11x because i have always wanted to be apart of a brotherhood. Though despite not getting the contract through reading these post it only motivated me to see that there were others in my similar case who earn their slots at rasp, which i am also hoping to do. I plan on doing everything possible to earn it!

My current stats are as follows

Pu: 90
Su: 85
2 mile run: 14:01
Pull ups: 15 dead hangs

I have three more months left before i ship and plan on reducing my running time, i will get that 300 and i will strive and work hard chasing the dream to be apart of such a brotherhood. Thank you all for letting me become a part of this group, and i appreciate all help and or tips!

I know i can do this, and i know i can come in there with an above 300..i am just hoping for that opportunity, when hard work meets chance. Training till then
11X

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction Fr88tz

Post by cams »

For as many times as you write "I, I, I" you should as least learn to capitalize it. First impressions go a long way.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Thank you so much, I wrote this from my phone and was excited to post an introduction to be apart of this community, I appreciate it and will pay more attention to detail thank you for that
11X

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Fr88tz wrote:Thank you so much, I wrote this from my phone and was excited to post an introduction to be apart of this community, I appreciate it and will pay more attention to detail thank you for that
You're welcome. I write from my phone too, it's called attention to detail. Go read the site rules and FAQ's.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Fritz, the best thing you can do right now, before you post anything else is to follow Ranger Cams instructions and go read the site rules and FAQs. Make sure you read how to address the members of this site. Once you have read them, I expect a reply back, to let me know, that you know what I'm talking about. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Thank you again for taking the time to help me. I have read the rules of this board, and am now responding to say I have read them. Thank you.
11X

rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Apparently you didn't read them well enough. Let me help you out. When responding to Ranger members on this board you are to respond with Ranger and their name, ie, Ranger Cams, thank you for that advice. As Ranger Cams stated, 'it's called attention to detail. I need you to not only reread the site rules, but do a search on this site for 'Attention to Detail', then come back on here and explain why Attention to Detail is so important to a Ranger. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Thank you again Ranger Jd for clarifying for me a little bit more of what Ranger cams, was also trying to show me and teach me about attention to detail. I really appreciate that, and thank you as well Ranger cams for letting me know about how significant attention to detail is, and also about the value of first impressions. I have searched a bit and understand a little more of why attention to detail is important.

Attention to detail is important because of a few reasons. One especially for someone who is trying to go to RASP. The reason being is because lack of attention to detail, could cause one to fail rasp. Two is that lack of attention to detail can be crucial when it comes to receiving or giving out information, and poor communication skills caused by a lack of details could mean the difference in a life or death situation.

Also the third reason amongst many, is that lack of attention to detail can display a poor sign of reverence or respect. For example not addressing those who have earned the Ranger title by addressing them correctly, as Ranger and then their name. It demonstrates who i am talking to, so that one confusion may not happen and two, also knowing who i am talking to as well and the respect that follows. These are a few reasons of why attention to detail is important. Thank you Ranger Jd
11X

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Fritz, Have you contacted an Army recruiter? If so, what is he telling you about enlisting as an Option 40?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Hello Ranger Jim, thank you for the response. Yes I have signed my contract already, I could not get an op 40 contract from meps..so I went with the Mos choice of 11x. I am happy to be able to select Infantry..and will try to earn a slot at Airborne or a Rasp slot when I am at Osut. My apft score currently is a 298, and I leave in 3 months. So I am hoping to have a chance at a slot hopefully. Just have to continue working on my running.
11X

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Fr88tz wrote:Hello Ranger Jim, thank you for the response. Yes I have signed my contract already, I could not get an op 40 contract from meps..so I went with the Mos choice of 11x. I am happy to be able to select Infantry..and will try to earn a slot at Airborne or a Rasp slot when I am at Osut. My apft score currently is a 298, and I leave in 3 months. So I am hoping to have a chance at a slot hopefully. Just have to continue working on my running.
Have you taken your oath? If so, what is your report date? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Hello Ranger Jim, yes I have taken my oath, and I leave on may 31 to Fort Benning. Thank you also for the motivation, and your responses
11X

IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here Fritz, lots to read and learn before you head out.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Thank you for that Ranger IntelToad. Yes I have been reading quite a bit of the forums, on the website, and will continue to read. Thank you
11X

Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Fr88tz wrote:Hello Ranger Jim, yes I have taken my oath, and I leave on may 31 to Fort Benning.
Fix your sig line as per the DEP standard.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”