SITREP Javier

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Baraka481
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP Javier

Post by Baraka481 »

Okay so now were on week 11/20 for my AIT. I have been excelling in my classes and have stayed in the 90% grade range so my education is doing great as of now. The next 5 weeks are going to be the hardest classes (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2) so itll be interesting to see how my class does and how I do. Today I took my end of cycle PT and got 66 push ups 74 sit ups and 13:32 run time. I got my orders on my ASK and its on my ERB as RGR INDOC TNG DET so its real now. I will admit my motivation has been down lately in this environment. 2 hours of free time per day and crappy PT makes it hard to get PT in and TRADOC kills the morale. I run a mile and a half to the gym and back after school 4 days a week in addition to our morning pt and on the weekends I hit my 5 mile run on saturday. So far my best time is a 37 minute 5 mile finish. I will admit my motivation has been down lately in this environment. 5-6 hours of sleep daily (staying awake is a struggle in class), 2 hours of free time per day and crappy PT makes it hard to get real PT in and TRADOC kills the morale due to all the restrictions. Keeping focus has been the hardest for me due to personal issues at home, lack of discipline in AIT, and no real time for self improvement. (4am wake up to 1830 dismissal to 2030 lights out). It is hard to find an outlet here, this place sucks but I take it day by day and drive on. 9 more weeks left.
25B OPT 40
Ship Date: 20150817
BCT Graduation Date: 20151029
AIT Graduation Date: 20160406
Airborne Graduation Date: 20160513
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SITREP Javier

Post by cams »

While we all understand the long boring hours of school, very little sleep, and a training environment that can suck if it's low ball stuff, it's sounds to me like you're feeding yourself, or trying to feed us, excuses to build up to, "I quit right after BAC due to xxx..."

Toughen your mind and keep pushing your body. If you're not 100% in you will quit or fail for LOM. Remember you get out of life exactly what you put into it.

The slug that aspires only to be a gas station attendant or work at GameStop part time does not rise to be a real estate mogul, and the young men and women that push themselves day and night with iron self discipline to reach their goals will never let themselves be anything else except what they started out to be.

Think about that for a moment and then go elevate your feet somewhere for motivational corrective training.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ronin
Triple Canopy

Post by Ronin »

You're gonna love Cole Range (if they even do that anymore). There's plenty of free time and rest when you're there. My favorite activity as a RIP cadre was to have studs run around the fire carrying logs on their shoulders while wearing rucks then run them out into the open field. (Keep in mind they have already been on the land nav course for about 2 days at this point with little to no sleep.) I would have them lay face down in the cold wet grass (or large puddles if I could find them) where I would explain how this isn't for everyone and there is no shame in quitting and I will let you sit by the fire if you quit now. This would go on for usually 30 minutes to an hour, let the wet and cold soak in real good. I would usually get 5 guys per class this way. Are you sure about your chosen profession now?
RS Class 03-99
2/75
RRD
7th SFG(A)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Looks like you will be in BAC late April. That's good. Winds are usually not too bad this time of the year. Continue to let us know how you are doing as you progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Baraka481
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Baraka481 »

cams wrote:While we all understand the long boring hours of school, very little sleep, and a training environment that can suck if it's low ball stuff, it's sounds to me like you're feeding yourself, or trying to feed us, excuses to build up to, "I quit right after BAC due to xxx..."

Toughen your mind and keep pushing your body. If you're not 100% in you will quit or fail for LOM. Remember you get out of life exactly what you put into it.

The slug that aspires only to be a gas station attendant or work at GameStop part time does not rise to be a real estate mogul, and the young men and women that push themselves day and night with iron self discipline to reach their goals will never let themselves be anything else except what they started out to be.

Think about that for a moment and then go elevate your feet somewhere for motivational corrective training.
I needed this, thank you Ranger Cams. This really shed a different light on things. When I say that I mean I would have never noticed these subtle excuses that I am subconsciously making. Everytime I try to make an excuse like that I can now identify it and stop it before it grows.
25B OPT 40
Ship Date: 20150817
BCT Graduation Date: 20151029
AIT Graduation Date: 20160406
Airborne Graduation Date: 20160513
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Baraka481 wrote:
cams wrote:While we all understand the long boring hours of school, very little sleep, and a training environment that can suck if it's low ball stuff, it's sounds to me like you're feeding yourself, or trying to feed us, excuses to build up to, "I quit right after BAC due to xxx..."

I needed this, thank you Ranger Cams. This really shed a different light on things. When I say that I mean I would have never noticed these subtle excuses that I am subconsciously making. Everytime I try to make an excuse like that I can now identify it and stop it before it grows.
Drive on stud. There's a reason you see, hear, read, the words NEVER QUIT so many times around here. Because it's a fucking hard thing to accomplish and so many DO quit along the way. That's just weak in the mind, the cadre will not let you die, but if you're weak they'll smell it and weed you out. Would you want A quitter next to you if you're surrounded or being overrun? Fuck no. That's what makes Regiment so goddamned good at what it does. They've all proven themselves to NOT be quitters. They will stay and fight next to you through anything, and won't ever turn and run leaving you alone.

Whether you recognize it or not, these decisions you make right now will effect you for the rest of your life. If you quit, you'll still regret that moment and always want another chance until the day you die of old age. It won't come.

Push yourself. Focus yourself. Set short distance goals and reach each one of them.

Remember this, "How do you eat an elephant?"
Answer: "One fucking bite at a time."
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Javier, what is going on with you? You have not been on the site since 1 March? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”