Introduction- Jake

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

jakebonefour
Embryo

Introduction- Jake

Post by jakebonefour »

Hello everyone, Jake here. I am a junior in high school, and I will be enlisting after I graduate. I am 16.

I hope to obtain an 11x Option 40 contract.

I will post my PT scores this week. :D
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction- Jake

Post by cams »

Welcome. Do yourself a favor and read every sticky at the tops of the forum pages, learn the site rules and how it is operated and what is required of you. This is not Facebook, not even close.

Read as much as possible here and limit your posts unless you're spoken to by a Ranger of the site and until you better understand the surroundings here.

Do push-ups.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jake, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Where are you from and where are you going to school? Why do you want to be a Ranger? You have not established a PT baseline to build on, so we look forward to your posting your APFT scores within the next 72 hours. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jakebonefour
Embryo

Post by jakebonefour »

Roger, Ranger cams.

Roger, Ranger Jim.

I live in Redondo Beach, California, and attend Redondo Union High School. I wrestle and play lacrosse. I want to be a Ranger as I have always sought a sense of purpose, a feeling of brotherhood. Living for something bigger than myself. I also want to do cool shit along the way, and so the 75th is only fitting.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jake, the 72-hour clock is ticking. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
jakebonefour
Embryo

Post by jakebonefour »

Thank you, Ranger ManchuV.

Ranger Jim, I got my APFT done today minus the run. I am coming off of a knee injury and have not been running the last three weeks. Doctor says I should be good to go in about a week.

Push ups: 51
Sit ups: 68
Pull ups: 15

My PT needs tremendous work, especially the push ups. I have never ran a two mile run for time, but pre-injury my mile times fluctuated between 6:00 and 6:30. I will do the APFT again in about two to three weeks, including the run.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well Jake, your week has passed. How are you doing? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
jakebonefour
Embryo

Post by jakebonefour »

Ranger Jim,

I have been running the mile every other day, but at a pretty slow pace. I am averaging a 6:50 mile right now. My knee feels great, but I want to start slow to not risk re-injury.

I am also starting week 2 of Ranger Silverback's Push Up Improvement program. So far, so good.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Jake. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
jakebonefour
Embryo

Post by jakebonefour »

Hello all.

I have spoken with an Army recruiter for the first time today. It seems I been lucky enough to find a recruiter who is happy to work with me. He had no objections when I informed him the only contract I will sign is an 11x Option 40, although I don't believe he checked if any were available. He then had me take a short test on the computer, if I remember correctly it was called the CAST. At the end it had all the predicted scores for the ASVAB, but I only remember seeing the predicted GT score, which was 102.

Since my last posts on this forum I have transferred high schools to an online school, where I will be able to get my high school diploma in about a month from now. If all goes well, I would like to ship out shortly after.

I will be returning to the recruiters this Thursday with my birth certificate and Social Security info. I will hopefully get a meps date after this.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, Jake. Please let us know how your visit to the recruiter went. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
jakebonefour
Embryo

Post by jakebonefour »

I have taken the PiCAT ASVAB today at the recruiters. I got an overall score of 86, with a GT score of 124. We are still working out an exact day, but they want to send me to MEPS this coming Thursday or Friday.
jakebonefour
Embryo

Post by jakebonefour »

Hello all,

Yesterday I reserved an 11x option 40 contract, and will be going to MEPS this Thursday and Friday. My ship date is 20170724.

My recruiter had to call the ROC to get the contract. I believe there might have been some miscommunication. All the recruiters at the office know I will be able to ship in a couple weeks, and that I am doing an accelerated high school. I have a "will graduate" letter from my school, stating that I will graduate on or before June 2017. I believe the ROC didn't know this, as all my info in the computer states I am senior in high school. The ship date I have would be perfect for a senior graduating on time, in June. I don't think it's an issue of that being the soonest ship date, due to the scarcity and demand of the contract. This is because I would assume that a ship date in June, July, or August would be the most sought after, and a ship date in November, December, or January would be a lot more easy to get. If I can, I would MUCH rather have a ship date in the next few months, the sooner the better.

Please, correct me if I am wrong, and any advice or information is much appreciated. Thank you.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jake, what is going on? Did you take your enlistment oath. You have not been here for over two months. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”